iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

walnut slabs

Started by gginseng4, October 02, 2013, 05:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gginseng4

Cut some walnut slabs and for a property owner and we split the wood 50-50.  I just purchased a new Woodmizer LT28 and love it. I got some nice slabs for a coffee table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYb6FiL5lMM

Magicman

Hello gginseng4, Very Nice and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  We have one sorta beginner type around here that would be after them to make benches.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

T Welsh

Welcome, Now that you have the sawdust fever,start to wonder what you can do with the slabs,(benches,bar tops,kitchen tops ect.) The sky is the limit! I like free form/natural edge benches and bar tops myself and make a couple of bucks selling stock to woodworkers! Tim

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, gginseng4.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WmFritz

Welcome... looking forward to seeing your table.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Man this whole thread is full of beautiful grain Walnut!  :D

Welcome to the Forum GG.

Tim....you making my mouth water!  food6
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

fishpharmer

GG glad to have you, welcome!  Nice video of the walnut.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Seaman

Nice work on the wood and video, and Welcome to the Brotherhood, you will like it here!
Tell us a little more about your mill and location.
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Thank You Sponsors!