iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1920 oil field Dodge

Started by redbeard, October 02, 2013, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Den Socling

When I was a kid, I did most of that including the roll over with my VW Beetle. In fact, I rolled it over on two occasions. One time I was alone. I don't know how the heck I got her back on here feet!  :D The Dodge was pretty darn impressive.

WmFritz

Cool video.  :o.  That car went through stuff that a modern  4wd truck wouldn't get through.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

goose63

And the wife think's I am nuts :D 8) :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

isawlogs

Those car bodies where made of steel, not the bisciut doe of todays flimsy tin, try to roll a car over like that and you aint rolling the windows back up ....   :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

I would say they rolled that thing over before. I wonder if they got out of that ditch on thier own power. I never rolled a car,but been out in a few ditches.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WmFritz

Quote from: thecfarm on October 02, 2013, 07:33:29 PM
I would say they rolled that thing over before. I wonder if they got out of that ditch on thier own power. I never rolled a car,but been out in a few ditches.

I thought that too. They knew what they was doo in when they rolled the windows down before they rolled it.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

easymoney

there are some interesting clips after that one. one is about a runaway diesel engine. the operator was quick thinking and stuffed something in the air intake and smothered it down. i had wondered if cutting off the air supply would stop a runaway diesel.

sawguy21

That is the only way to shut down a runaway diesel if it is inhaling sweet gas. Back  to the subject, that is quite the video. Imagine trying to drive like that on those roads. No thanks.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

beenthere

QuoteImagine trying to drive like that on those roads.

Back in the day, had to travel a couple miles of dirt road (good Iowa black dirt) just like that when it rained.
Found the best way to make it was to stay in the ruts, and keep steady power to the car in low gear.
Get in trouble real fast if the front wheels came out of the ruts and the back wheels didn't follow.

More than once had to use a neighbors tractor to get the school bus pulled out of that mud.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

That brings back many memories of our Mud Buggy days.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Here in Chesterville,Maine a long,long time ago the people who used the road would carry rocks from the stone walls into the road. That helped out with mud, Than the heavy equipment came to town. Wallace French,the guy in charge of roads in town, asked my Father if he could bulldozed the stone wall into the road. One less stone wall now. That's why there is no stone wall on the right side of the road. The town started to fix a bumpy road. Took them a while. I guess Wallace had moved another stone wall.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Well it's sad to see our roads haven't changed any in all this time  :D.  Had an oldtimer tell me years ago about him and a buddy driving his model t to a neighboring town on dirt roads and said he only touched the steering wheel once in about 15 miles, just let it follow the ruts.

Thank You Sponsors!