iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lube mizer over spray

Started by petefrom bearswamp, October 01, 2013, 06:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

Has anyone out there modified the lube mizer nozzles so that the spray doesn't almost all miss the blade?
If i use the constant flow It uses lube very quickly.
I only have to do this when sawing wide boards, but would like to direct more lube to the blade.
Maybe some dots of solder on the outside edges?
Any input would be appreciated
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I did drilled my nozzle hole out to the size of a piece of tying wire. If it gets stopped up, I just clean out the nozzle with a piece of wire.
Because my hole is a little larger, I am actually getting more water directly on the blade.

You can also take a wrench and move the nozzle to redirect the spray.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

wwsjr

I think the nozzles for mill without Lubemizer have a larger hole. With the Lubemizer, sometimes I turn mine slightly forward or back to center spray on blade. I occasionally have to screw one out and clean with air gun to get good flow. A small paper clip will usually clear the tip.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

rmack

what exactly is a lubemizer, other than a rheostat to control water flow? I have never seen one working, or even a video of how they are set up.
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

terrifictimbersllc

Lubemizer is also a pump with check valves, nozzles and other plumbing.

Original post-Doesn't sound right to me. My nozzles spray right onto the blade when they are adjusted (turned in the right direction). Maybe a bit more than needed off the sides but not much.  The stock ones work the best for me, although they tend to clog once in a while, when I drilled them out a bit the pressure isn't right. While I haven't done it myself a WM rep suggested cleaning out the block and spraying it with a magnetic rust stopping paint to reduce clogging problems.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

slider

Rmack,it"s set up to pulse or flow liquid onto the band.The pulse is adjustable.It's handy.
al glenn

petefrom bearswamp

I will check my adjustment tomorrow , but it appears that My nozzles spray to both sides about 1/8 ".
When I used Pine sol, the nozzles would plug regularly.
I now use stuff from ZEP called Zep 50 with few problems.
I question whether the bottom nozzle is necessary.
IMO lube is a misnomer as this only serves to cool the blade and remove pitch.
Thanks to all for the input
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Peter Drouin

I drilled mine out , and only turn the water on for a cut to get the pitch off
I always cut dry. Out past 16"  I would turn on the water [full spray] off and on in the cut.If it needs it. Most times If a blade gets hot it's dull. a sharp blade will cut cold :) :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

5quarter

I'm with you Peter...always cut dry except to clean the blade.
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Thank You Sponsors!