iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got a pretty good Pecan in today.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, September 27, 2013, 08:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I had a new tree service guy who pulled into the mill today. He asked if he could dump his trees on the farm when he had a load from working in my area. I said SURE.

This was his first load, the whole DanG Pecan tree. Every time I see a Pecan tree....I think of "You Know Who".  :D

I'll live edge slab it. 28 inch log. Lots of extras. 2 loads of Pine coming tomorrow. Seems like a good guy....so far.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Every time I see Pecan....I think about you.  :D

WDH

I wonder why  ???.  (Hopefully your back has recovered  :)). 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

Nice! can't wait to see what you pull out of the hat with these,  what a beautiful day you boys had, 
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Sixacresand

I love it when logs come on a dump truck.  good deal Post.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

thecfarm

A good assortment of logs,some long,some short,some big,some small,some knotty,some clear,some good ones,some bad ones.  :D
I would like to have someone drop off logs here. I don't know how many would get sawed into lumber. I have an idea they would keep me warm though.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

MikeZ

POSTON: That sure is nice to have logs dumped like that. I 'm going to have to get the word out that I would like to have some. Don't have much of that going on around here. I saw burn pile in my travels today with whole trees bulldozed, kind of made me want to cry.
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

julio

Looks like PECAN PROJECT #1  lets eat 8)
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: julio on September 28, 2013, 06:09:19 AM
Looks like PECAN PROJECT #1  lets eat 8)

Never thought about that.  :)

This tree is probably full of nails. That's my luck.  >:(

loggah

You guys down south get all the "EXOTIC" types of wood !! ;D ;D we dont have any of that stuff up here. are those limbs good for firewood ?  Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

customsawyer

They are okay for firewood but better for BBQ. ;)
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on September 28, 2013, 07:24:16 PM
They are okay for firewood but better for BBQ. ;)

Jake is SO RIGHT. I will save the scraps, dry them and use them for smoking.

red oaks lumber

tobacco is better for smoking ;D my log splitter wont handle firewood that big :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WDH

That pecan limb wood will be gnarly for sure.  I can see a few boston butt's in your future. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on September 28, 2013, 08:34:30 PM
That pecan limb wood will be gnarly for sure.  I can see a few boston butt's in your future.

Hey, My Wife's from Boston.....so what are you saying?  :D

WDH

I ain't sayin' nothin'.  Just like the Tar Baby.  He lay low. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on September 28, 2013, 08:45:13 PM
I ain't sayin' nothin'.  Just like the Tar Baby.  He lay low.

:D :D :D :D :D......."IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE! ".  :D :D :D :D :D

grweldon

I might be able to be wedged out of my chair to attend a "Pecan Project #1"... oh, but wait... I saw that at the "Sycamore Project #2" When Jake sliced up a HUGE pecan log with his LT70 like it was a piece of pine!  Beautiful wood too!

I'd like to see your place someday David...  SC is a pretty state!

My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

mesquite buckeye

The Greats Swami sees world's most pretzely board contest winners in your future. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: grweldon on September 30, 2013, 09:02:18 AM
I might be able to be wedged out of my chair to attend a "Pecan Project #1"... oh, but wait... I saw that at the "Sycamore Project #2" When Jake sliced up a HUGE pecan log with his LT70 like it was a piece of pine!  Beautiful wood too!

I'd like to see your place someday David...  SC is a pretty state!

You are welcome anytime. I have a Logrite that will fit your hands.  :D :D :D

WDH

Tim Lea

I wish people would dump trees like that at my place. LOL maybe one day they will.

Thank You Sponsors!