iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Brenda's Garden Shed

Started by thecfarm, September 25, 2013, 08:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Ray,

You did a good job.  Just think of all the stuff that she can put in there  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I don't have to think. She and 4-5-6 friends are doing just fine on that part.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on September 26, 2013, 09:38:31 PM
I don't have to think. She and 4-5-6 friends are doing just fine on that part.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

47sawdust

Ray,
Verrrrr nice work,The old swamp yankee knows his way around just fine,thank you.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

isawlogs

I feel for you Ray, man, can they come up with some dandy ideas at times.... ::)

About you going under your drive, if you can go deeper across it do it, frost in certain winters up here can go down far. Then again you could make up an isullated box of rigid foam the width of your drive to help out over and above the insulation wrap that goes on the pipes from the boiler....

So what is the plan for insulating the cabin... put all da wimine in and let them talk themselves warm   ??? ;D 
   Hi mrs. cfarm  smiley_wavy 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

My driveway is also the way into my woods. The only way. So a logging truck has to go that way. But even without the truck the OWB dealer said to bury it 4 feet deep with just regular car traffic. But I am not that far yet. The women are waaaaaaay past that point.  ;D   I was going to have a working garage across the driveway. But I doubt that now. I have $1000 just in steel roofing. I plan on using 1½ inch blue styrofoam,looks like another grand. I want to have as much exposed beams as I can.Probably heat and electricity,wire will be another grand. Things are outrageous. I have a hoosier with all the draws out of it being painted now. It's all over the dining room floor. The wife is doing the painting. Paint is not cheap either.  As I say,we all need a hobby.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Hilltop366

Quote from: thecfarm on September 27, 2013, 08:31:45 AM
I have a hoosier with all the draws out of it being painted now. It's all over the dining room floor. The wife is doing the painting.  :D

?  I think I need some education.

For running pipe under the driveway you could put a small culvert for extra protection, or (even cheaper) a beam on each side of the pipe with a thick plank over the top.

thecfarm

Hoosier,probably google it, would give a better description of it. In the 20's? this was made for women to be able to have thier baking,cooking things in one area. This is a work station.
This is our hoosier

The white top pulls out,on the left top is a flour shifter, on the bottom left is a bread bin. Some came with a place for sugar,a glass jar, Most have a roll top. We went to look at this and only saw it in pieces.Lots of places to store spices.The 2 doors on the bottom,pots and pans could be stored there.  The guy put it all back together,re did the canvas on the back of the roll top and we brought it. The one she is painting is a less expensive type of the one we have. No way she would paint the one in our kitchen. We also have a cabinet that probably came with a hoosier too. It's about 18 inches square,6 feet high.

downsouth

That looks very nice! Outstanding job.

VT-Woodchuck

Around here, the old timers (older than us) would place a hemlock plank over the pipe. They claimed it would never freeze under hemlock!

WildDog

Excellent job, very inspirational
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

jimbarry

Well done! gives me a few ideas for an upcoming shed.

thecfarm

I don't think,and I said think,he was concerned about freezing. The circulator is pushing water through the lines steady. I think he was concerned about the weight of the vehicles going over the lines.
I never heard of the hemlock plank trick . My Father was an old timer and he really liked hemlock to build with.

goose63

Man could I use one them for a hunting cabin 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

And one of the front door,looking out.

Just so you all know,above the door has no joints in it. It's all just for looks. Take away the outside sheating boards and it would all come down.  ;D No nails on the inside at all.

Hilltop366

Thanks for the  hoosier description that makes more sense, I thought she was painting a basketball team at first. ;D

WDH

I see a grits drawer in that Hoosier.  It must have been made in Georgia. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

redbeard

I made the mistake of showing your beautiful garden shed to my boss, she is most envious especially the windows nice job on the structure.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

thecfarm

WDH,No,Indiana.  ;D
I've seen many members work and as I keep saying,My wood working skills stops when the tree hits the ground.   ;D

SwampDonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on September 25, 2013, 08:36:15 PM
She has brought so much stuff to put in there,I will have to add on to get it all in.  ::)  She has brought an old electric stove,maybe in the 50's. the cord looks new,it just might work,a Hoosier,I lost count on dressers,cabinets,2-3,a dorm fridge. We are having a hard time finding the dining room.

I know what's missing now. A loom.  ;D :D

A fine job on the 'shed'. But that's no shed. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on September 27, 2013, 08:31:45 AM
I was going to have a working garage across the driveway. But I doubt that now. I have $1000 just in steel roofing.

Around here, we have to be on the ball when pricing roofing steel. Some outfits charge by the square foot and others by the running foot. The running foot is 2 or 3 times cheaper, same steel.  ::) There is a little roofing business nearby that sells roofing steel way cheaper than a building centre.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Here it is all fixed up for a cook out
Won't let me add a picture tonight. Probably will be ok tommorow.

thecfarm

Here it is.

All fixed up for a cook out. This is her Women Cave.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ain't it fun when it all comes together?  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Yes it is. Now she wants electrity and heat. That is not a big deal to do. BUT the money part is a BIG deal.  ::)
And I forgot water. The water will just be used for canning. So no big amount. The old cast iron sink from the farm house and the old hand pump would look good in there.

Thank You Sponsors!