iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hauling wood through canada

Started by pat smith, September 25, 2013, 03:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pat smith

I will before to much longer be moving all my mill and such things from Oklahoma to Alaska , now that I stop and think . is there any problems with me getting my Osage staves through Canada?????

Draco

goose63

don't take any gun's with you that's a BIG NO NO >:( :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

pat smith

LOL!!! yeah already working on gun's ,but heck your dogs have to have papers to get through , no guns!! i'm not for sure but you may have to pay fines for farting ,, lol!!! sorry for that one!!! but was wondering if there was in rules for non native things  going through , this is Canada we're talking about ::)

bama20a

this is Canada we're talking about
What wrong with Canada? huh-smiley
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

pat smith

NOT ONE THING!!!LOL DIDN'T MEAN  ANYTHING BAD!!!just strict getting through ( which I think us in the u.s. should take note of)I just don't want to drive 2,000 miles to get to the border and have things I can't take through

Bandmill Bandit

i am pretty sure you ok al long as the bark is cleaned off. I have heard tell that there is a reg coming into force will require wood crossing the border to be kiln dried but I dont think that is in force so far.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

pat smith

Oh ...yeah mine all have the bark still on, leave it on so it won't crack, but guess I'll remove it all ,I use them to make long bows!!!I lived up in Montana by glacier park our back fence was the Canada border, I know border is strict and i'm just trying to figure out all the rules so I can respect them, !!!!!! ;D

Timbercruiser

Should be ok wood up here where I am crosses the border each way everyday not an issue. Its the same if we go to the US also its a lot of rules to take guns or dogs also. Its pretty much the same rules for a Canadian to go to the US. You could call Canada customs if you wanted to find out for sure. Good luck  :)

thecfarm

I would call them and call again just before you leave. Things and rules can change.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pat smith

yeah , it maybe better if i just go ahead and make  longbow blanks out of them , just was really wanting them to dry with bark on for about 2 yrs!! and it's alot of work to use a draw knife to carve out a lot of blanks!!

Thank You Sponsors!