iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the missing rottne

Started by snowstorm, September 20, 2013, 08:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

monday when i drove into the wood yard things just didnt look right. there was broken windsheild glass on one rear tire along with a dozen 9mm shells. it looked like the machine had been moved. when i opened the door yes someone had been in it. they tried to swing the seat the wrong way and ripped the vinyl next to the dash. every switch had been flipped mud in the seat. i took every oil cap off looking for mud or sand or whatever found none. then i looked at the log pile they shot that several times. walking down the old road i didnt see any tracks from the rottne till i had gone about 300' the reason being they went back an forth on there 4 wheelers enought  so they didnt show. i am surprised they got it started the key was hidden in the cab and the master switch was off. its over a 1\4 mile to the nearest house. i talked to them. they knew one of what i call the wild bunch and billy the kid. there daddy has a hunting camp in there. bet you can guess where they are from couple state south of here. they had a uhaul truck that they used to bring an old car. then run it into whatever they find trees rocks rottnes? when it dies they shoot it. they did the same thing last fall. i called the county cops they turned it over to the state. the cop did call me. he says if you didnt see them isnt much i can do. but he may come out. so he did  come as far as the good part of the road stops. dosent call me to come out. he did talk to the guy that live near by he offered to give the cop a ride in on his 4 wheeler cop says no. its kind of a long winded story sorry

br389

EDITED BY ADMIN  people have some nerve

1270d

That's rotten. Hopefully you find a way to get some justice

bushmechanic

That stinks. Here's where the old saying should be used "an eye for and eye".

Ken

When my harvester is left roadside I always am concerned that someone may vandalize it.  As much as possible I will leave it in the woods and walk out.  A local contractor had his cab trashed last year.  Broke joysticks, computer screen, etc.  Hope you get some justice.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

barbender

That stinks, sorry to hear that happened to you.
Too many irons in the fire

goose63

Clint Eastwood hang em high tank-smiley
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Stephen Alford

That sure bites snowstorm, tough way to start the day.
logon

cutter88

hate hearing these storys sad to here theres people with so little respect for outhers things ::)
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

snowstorm

i was given the name address and phone # of the leader of the gang. so i called the state cops. the dispatcher said he would have the cop call me today. he didnt. i was told that one of the game wardens was quite interested in this. seems he warned them last year about the shooting of cars. theres. they dont set up a target. they shoot anyting they like the looks of. i have seen trees 8" dia that they blasted till they fell over. it was implied that it could be a weapons violation. felony?   

deastman

Sorry to hear that Snowstorm,  hope you find out who did it and can get the law after them.
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

Jim_Rogers

Do you have an estimate of the damage done to your machine yet?

I would keep pushing the law until they act on your information and prosecute someone for the damages done.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

HiTech

If you did something like that to those SOB's they would be the first ones crying foul. That is so sad that people have to do things like that to have fun. They probably got their man courage up on booze and drugs. Those kind of people wouldn't face you one on one. Keep pushing the Police....any damage over a certain amount turns to a Felony.

snowstorm

still haven't heard from the state cop yet. if he was the cop involved in the shooting on friday i may not hear from him in a while. seems he went to arrest someone and he didnt want to go to jail. see woodhaulers post in general

Autocar

Thats to bad but it sounds like it could of been a lot worse. I worry about my equipment setting on jobs and I guess thats just part of it. I would like to be the judge when someone like that is caught, it wouldn't be jail time or paying X amount of dollars, they would be on that job power washing equipment on down time and would work the site till they would learn what hard work is and after a hundred hours they could set back and reflect that they only have another hundred hours to go !
Bill

beenthere

snowstorm
File a report with the state, and don't rely on just a cop saying he/she will get back to you (IMO)

Surely, if this cop is tied up or on leave, there is some backup in the office to follow up on your dilemma.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

giant splinter

;D Post by BR389 ....... I'll always wonder what he said <grin> ........ its a reminder for all of us to keep it clean ........ but Im still wondering  :-\
Snowstorm I hope the State Police get to the bottom of this case, finds the responsible persons and throws them in jail, throwing the book at them. I have had vandals cause many problems over the years and know how you feel ..... I Leave a couple game cams on stuff where I suspect any problems and one is always set to video, I think the cams that can send info to your computer or phone need internet access or cell service to work and thought about going that way if I could.
roll with it

Ed_K

What a way to start a day  >:( .Do you have enviromental police up there?We have to deal with them on damages like this. Hope someone catches them.
Ed K

Woodboogah

I started using trail cameras as was suggested to me through this site.  Sleep a little better at night now
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

snowstorm

update ....state cops ....nothing. dosent seem to interest them. i called the forest service. they had someone out here in less than 2 hrs. he took pictures a report and the ends of some sp logs with lead in them

Thank You Sponsors!