iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Survivor Blood vs Water

Started by Raider Bill, September 18, 2013, 03:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Starts tonight. There's a local connection to us. Monica [who is returning] & Brad Culpepper her husband and former Tampa Bay Buccaneer defensive lineman turned personal injury attorney are playing. He's one of those annoying ads on tv all the time. Culpepper and Kurland for the people or some crap like that.
I read somewhere that he has never tried a case in court only a figure head and mouthpiece.

Swish colton is back with his husband or whatever he is. I personally hope that Culpepper runs him over like a 3rd string QB.

The premise this season is couples will be on opposite sides competing against each other but can take their mates place on redemption island. Not sure how that's going to play out.

Guess we'll see
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Roxie

I'll be watching, but I've got to admit that I'm disappointed that they keep bringing people back.  There are so many people that have never played before. 

Still looking forward to tonight!   8)
Say when

Chuck White

I'm with Roxie on this one, I think they should have all new blood on the show, not so many returnees!

But, I'll be watching.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I realize that they are trying to add viewer interest to get the ratings, but I too would rather see all new faces. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedarman

Maybe they are running out of goofies to be on the island and have to use retreads.  I too want all new faces.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

mrcaptainbob

I sure admire how this program works on/with human dynamics. Colton was a condescending jerk last time. Then his teary story helped him overcome the 'foibles' of his family. All is issues are because of his parents. And now, after having become a supposed 'nice' person, he's reverting back to being self-centered and mean again. I do like Rupert and his wife and loved his no-questions-asked attitude in replacing his wife. A class act. Tie-dyed...., but still a class act. I'd like to know how many psychologists they have on staff on how to structure this program.

Roxie

Well, last night was interesting.  The ability of the family member to take the place of someone on Redemption Island is really going to put an interesting spin on who gets voted off. 

They really missed an opportunity to send John off, because his wife is already on the island.  Something tells me that those two will be a force to be reckoned with, especially the wife. 

Colton is self-destructing again.  He did the same thing the last time he played.  Did they think it was going to be different this time? 
Say when

Raider Bill

Quote from: Roxie on September 26, 2013, 07:07:01 PM
Well, last night was interesting.  The ability of the family member to take the place of someone on Redemption Island is really going to put an interesting spin on who gets voted off. 

They really missed an opportunity to send John off, because his wife is already on the island.  Something tells me that those two will be a force to be reckoned with, especially the wife. 

Colton is self-destructing again.  He did the same thing the last time he played.  Did they think it was going to be different this time? 

Sure does put a nice twist on things, wouldn't mind seeing John and what's her name compete against each other.

Since this season started they haven't been showing as many / or any commercials for culpeppers law firm. Normally you see them all the time.
Here's a couple pictures of him when he played for the tampa bay creamcicles

Roxie

Last night, Colton left in tears.   :D :D  He was just devastated that no one would talk strategy with him, even though there was no reason for strategy since the tribe hasn't lost a challenge. 

So now, John and his wife are both on Redemption Island. 

I don't like Brad. 
Say when

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

Last night was one of the best episodes!  John and his wife Candice were fun to watch on Redemption Island.  They'll be even more fun now that Brad will be joining them.  I don't like Brad, so I'm hoping that John and Candice send him home next week. 

Caleb made an absolutely brilliant move telling Ciera, out loud, at Tribal, that he wanted her to stay and he was going to write down Brad's name!  First a tie vote, and then a second vote, and Brad was off to Redemption! 

Hands down, Candice is my favorite player.   8)
Say when

Cedarman

Been gone 3 weeks and just got caught up last night watching 3 episodes.  Genius for the people that thought up this new twist. So much for me thinking the old players would make it a not so good game. So glad the quitter is gone.  Fun just sitting back and watching all the game play out.  Immunity idol must be a little hard to find this year.  Burning the clue was not something that would even have crossed my mind.  These folks will really have to think out of the box which should make for some exciting shows.  Don't have a favorite yet.

WDH

Brad is like a bull in a china shop.  Monica is in the strongest alliance.  If the merge does not come soon, the loved ones won't be around to cause much confusion. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

Okay, these guys are boring this year. 
Say when

Raider Bill

Pretty much so far this season it has been slow but I think now that they've merged it should pick up. Sooner or later the family feuds will start when they start voting off love ones. ;D

JohnM

So have they (CBS) 'jumped the shark' with this Blood vs Water stuff?  I'm still watching but I'm not sure I can say I'm enjoying. :-\  Assuming there is another season I personally do NOT want to see any returning former players.  Just sayin... ;D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Roxie

For the first time in my Survivor viewing, I don't care who wins, and I don't care who loses.  I just don't care.   :D  Is it the combination of people they have on this year, or is it me? 

Does anyone else have a favorite? 
Say when

Mooseherder

JohnM

Quote from: JohnM on November 10, 2013, 09:28:52 AM
So have they (CBS) 'jumped the shark' with this Blood vs Water stuff?  I'm still watching but I'm not sure I can say I'm enjoying. :-\  Assuming there is another season I personally do NOT want to see any returning former players.  Just sayin... ;D
Stopped watching 3 weeks ago... :-\
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

mrcaptainbob

We are still feeding our Survivor addiction. Watch it religiously. The one I prefer to not win of the remaining group is Tyson. Don't know what it is, but he just looks like a creep to me. Gervase has done a much better job this time and redeemed himself with me. I would not be disappointed if he won. But, to be honest, Monica has been so good in the challenges, she 'deserves' it for that. Not sure what 'deserve' means. Adept at challenges? Adept at conning people? Adept at strategy?

Cedarman

I am with Roxie on this one.  At least last night's tribal council was entertaining.  Either have to have someone you want to win above all others or have one you just hate to see win so you can root for or against.  I am hoping that they get back to having no one I've seen before on the next season.

Magicman

I have no favorite or nonfavorite.  We are just watching and enjoying.  I do admire some of them.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Two women came very prepared to compete.  Monica and Laura M.  Laura M has been the toughest competitor.  Even her own daughter voted against her, yet, she still has a remote chance to win.  I am pulling for her.

Chuck White

Quote from: Roxie on December 04, 2013, 09:04:02 PM
For the first time in my Survivor viewing, I don't care who wins, and I don't care who loses.  I just don't care.   :D  Is it the combination of people they have on this year, or is it me? 

Does anyone else have a favorite?

I don't much care who wins either, but I just want to see Tyson on the jury!

He's playing a good game and luck is usually with him, but I just don't like his cocky attitude!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Raider Bill

I've been in Tenn and missed 3 weeks.
First billboard I saw driving back into Tampa the other day was a Culpepper Kurland personal injury lawyers...

Thank You Sponsors!