iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Attention - Wanabe Sawyers

Started by tgalbraith, September 16, 2013, 07:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgalbraith

8) 8)  To all the want to be millers and folks who want to switch to a circular mill, I have an offer. I'm located in N/E Wisconsin and I have a Bellsaw
mill. If you would like to learn your way around a mill, send me out a message with your phone number and we will get together and make some sawdust.
I always have a few logs laying around and we will make a day of it.

M Belsaw, 46" insert blade, Oliver 88 power  plant

Ga Mtn Man

If I was one or two states closer, I would surely take you up on that offer.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Rod Yowell

If your word and handshake isn't any good, we have nothing else to talk about.

Have a Woodland Mill 126, 1954 Allis Chalmers WD45 tractor for log moving.

dboyt

That brings back memories.  First mill I worked with was a Belsaw with a flat belt driven by an old Massey Harris tractor.  I wish I was close enough to give you a hand!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

tgalbraith

:'(  I am really disappointed that this did'nt bring more interest.  If in doubt, I would welcome anyone that
has the slightest interest or curiosity about sawmills. 
M Belsaw, 46" insert blade, Oliver 88 power  plant

beenthere

Certainly was nice of you to offer a "show and tell" on your mill. Don't give up too soon. The right combination may be along sooner or later.

You might correct the subject line to saw Sawyers rather than Sayers. But am sure most know what is meant. Some might think you are a psychic. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

drobertson

Certainly was a friendly offer, I just check your location, man you are way up there for sure, surely someone will get in touch,  thanks,     david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

I am always interested and curious about circles, but visiting would be a mighty step for me.

That plus I seem to attract enough to keep me "quick stepping" anyway.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Shotgun

Nice offer.  I suggest that you might give it a little time to digest.  It hasn't even been three days yet.  I would correct the title, as beenthere suggests, and then see what happens in a few more days, or weeks.  I would bet that there will be some that will take you up on your generous offer.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Did not even notice the title was spelled wrong.  ::) 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

nk14zp

Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

Barney II

Howdy---Where in NE Wisconsin????  It is a big place :D :D :D :D
Ya never know
Woodmizer  1985 lt30

beenthere

Barney
Click on his name, and his profile comes up with a map. Over north of Green Bay.....
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

klpauba

Bummer, I was in Sheboygan paying tribute to my Uncle who passed (a WWII Code Breaker) and a close cousin that lives in Green Bay.  I would have loved to make the trip to help you make some sawdust.

When I make it up there again, I'll contact you and see if you're still in the mood.

This is a kind and generous offer, tgalbraith!

trapper

not interested in learning a lot more about circle mills (sawed on one in Peshtigo full time for 6 months many years ago)  but might be interested in  coming up to visit and tail if you get any takers.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

dblair

I would surely come if only you or I were closer than half a country . it would be great to get started one of these crisp mornings that you probably already have in N.E. Wisconsin
old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

WmFritz

Quote from: beenthere on September 19, 2013, 07:06:40 PM
Barney
Click on his name, and his profile comes up with a map. Over north of Green Bay.....

Just a little boat ride across the lake for me.  :D
I've spent a bit of time in that area. I've got friends in Marinette and Menominee.  I've crisscrossed through there on my road bike in the summer and sled racing in the winter.  I love that part of the country.

That is a very gracious offer, tgalbraith.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

giant splinter

I wish I had a couple days to escape and head that way, it would be a pleasure to join you for a day and then head to the Eastern Seaboard for the fall colors.
I bet you will find someone who has a little spare time to take you up on that offer. Thanks for your very special offer and I hope you fill the spot soon while the weather is nice.
                                         GS
roll with it

sandhills

That's a very nice offer, one I'd love to take you up on seeing how I have a Belsaw that's never even been set up yet, but with the distance combined with harvest I just can't do it.  Some lucky person a little closer will be along though I bet  ;).

stihlsawer

Quote from: tgalbraith on September 19, 2013, 12:44:33 PM
:'(  I am really disappointed that this did'nt bring more interest.  If in doubt, I would welcome anyone that
has the slightest interest or curiosity about sawmills.

I am very much appreciative, but I am in TN. I would take you up on your offer in a heart beat if I was closer. I bought a M14 back in the Spring, and have everything moved but the carriage; Lord willing I will get it this week if the weather is nice and I can get a few people to help me pick it up.

Trever
Trever Jones
Stihl 076 Super, 034, MS 260 PRO, MS 192T
Dolmar 116si
GB 44" lumber mill, Mini mill, Beam machine

Thank You Sponsors!