iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

An idea for your next wood working project

Started by Ernie, September 15, 2013, 08:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

For all of us wanna be woodworkers 

EVER GET THE FEELING THAT YOU CAN'T CUT A PIECE OF WOOD STRAIGHT
THE FIRST TIME.............IF SO, DON'T ATTEMPT THIS PROJECT.
THIS IS JUST AMAZNG...................

After you see this you want to give away all of your power tools in shame...

And to think the guy who made this over two hundred years ago did it with hand tools alone...while drinking vast quantities of good German beer & Brandy!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/MKikHxKeodA?rel=0
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

isawlogs

I don't I can drink enough to make that.... :)

That is just incredible what craftsmenship went into making that.   :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Axe Handle Hound

Whoever built it was a genius for sure.  I can't even begin to think about building that.

WmFritz

A lost art for sure. What an imagination that craftsman had.

Can't wait to see it on Antique Roadshow.  :D :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sandhills

Ernie I think you just found a new winter project for Swamp Donkey  ;).  That was neat.

WildDog

If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Leigh Family Farm

There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

crtreedude

It wasn't prepower tools, it was preradio, TV, computers, etc. Ever wonder why older homes had such elaborate carvings and details? Well, what else did a creative person do with their time? We have power tools to give back time, so you would think that it would mean we would live in the age of craftsmenship, but the truth is, most of what we use, we can buy for very little, so we have lots of time, to do, well nothing.

In the past, the evenings were spent doing something, and of course some people were incredibly skilled.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

grweldon

That is incredibly amazing!  To think that everything is powered by gravity is mind-boggling.  I wonder who it was made for.  I doubt that it was affordable!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

thecfarm

I would not want something like that. I would forget where I put something away.  :D  I would have to go through all the drawers to find it. I came too at just about the end of it,that cabinet is huge. I just about wore the video out replaying some parts of it. A fascinating piece of wood work and a fascinating piece of mechanical work. I do hope that came with a manual too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Farmerjw

I can't imagine how many times the craftsman had to take it apart to "tweak" something and then move something so something else worked correctly.  I think once I had it together and working I would not want to take it apart to do the amazing inlay as well as finish on it.  Thank you Ernie for posting this. 
Premier Bovine Scatologist

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!