iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skull Mount

Started by Magicman, September 15, 2013, 02:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

My last year's buck was a pretty nice 10 point with long G2's and unusual points coming forward off of the bases.

I really did not have any use for another mounted deer so I had a Grandson to cape and boil/clean the skull.

After he finished the cleaning, I made a trip to a beauty supply store and bought the bleach.  The powder and liquid were mixed together to form a paste which was smeared on the skull and let dry.

Pat decided last week where it should hang.  Now I see that I need to "un-whiten" the spackeling that is covering the mounting screws.  (the flash really makes it show up)   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Nice job on the mount,  just in time for another season!   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!