iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some Kinda Lizard

Started by Magicman, September 15, 2013, 02:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Small light green ~3" long lizards that climb on the carport walls and ceiling catching bugs, etc. at night.  They have very large black eyes, and will instantly run away when they see movement. 

I finally got an out of focus picture of one before it scooted away. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Pretty cool pick, I don't mind them, they are good hunters,  I've been seeing quite a few of the blue tailed ones, can't remember the name, but they are lil babies, at least for now,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

mesquite buckeye

Looks like a gecko. I hear they are good at manipulating the stock market. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

Maybe one of them will mess up and let me get a picture.  Maybe, but I have been trying for over a week.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

Lynn - I'm wunder in how come you didn't post this over in the food section?  ???
Might try trapping a few for "The Crispin!".  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

Ah could call it "lizards & gizzards".   :o   :D

elk42

Magicman does it look like this when green if so it is an Anole

Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

mesquite buckeye

Geckos are pretty cool. You can kind of see through them. When they eat a lightning bug, you can see it flashing inside the lizard for a while. ;D 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SPIKER

Huh 4th post before it turned to food lol... popcorn_smiley

Watch out for the big uns tho :D smiley_deadheader alligator or maybe  smiley_deadheader_ride_alligat  smiley_thumbsup

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

LeeB

Mark,
Actually I have seen some really big gecko's in other parts of the world. Lot's of peoples actually encourage them to stay around. Helps keep down the bugs. They will actually get somewhat tame after a while.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

These are not the common Chameleons that change from green to brown and are active during the daytime.

Here are two with one "showing his money"

Here are the same two fighting.

I have 5 for these "other" ones foraging for food now.  I can flip the light on, but if I get anywhere close to them, they will quickly dash away....and I mean quickly.

limbrat

The green ones are green anole's, the first picture looks like a house gecko. They dont get much over 3" with a molty brown pattern there legs come more out there sides and they swing there hips a lot when they walk or run. They have big eyes and great big wide toes, they can crawl glass even up side down. I think they came in through New Orleans in the 60s i noticed them here about 5yrs ago.
ben

crtreedude

Unless you have a cat, or free range chickens, you can get overrun by Geckos here in Costa Rica. I don't mind them, usually, since they keep the bugs down, but I definitely get perturbed when they fall off the ceiling on my while I am taking a nap.

Geckos chirp in the morning, or at least they do here. For a while, when we first arrived, we were searching for where the birds were nesting...  :D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Magicman

limbrat, your description is perfect.  They are a new arrival here because this is the first year that I have ever seen them.  There were two out this morning, but the instant that I started moving toward them, they scooted.  Gotta be the fastest runners that I have ever seen.

Thank You Sponsors!