iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Operator's manual for Partner R435

Started by notselrach, September 14, 2013, 10:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notselrach

I just acquired a portable mill with an older Partner R-435 chainsaw  for the milling.  I have parts lists but I do not have an operator's manual.  I would like to know the starting procedure. Along with the choke there are some  small unlabelled buttons/levers for which I don't know their functions. If anyone out there has a manual or could spend a few moments describing the starting procedure I would be incredibly grateful.

Thanks for any help....BC

Knute

Not familiar with this saw. When I google partner r-435 there is a video of the Chainsaw Guy starting that saw.

sablatnic

That has to be an early "big cube" Partner of about 85 ccm. Count the screws in the starter. Four screws, and it is a normal cube, five screws, and it is a big cube.
The right button, probably blue, is the choke.
The "middle" button, probably red, is the ignition switch.
The left "handle", probably black, is for supplemental chain oil. (It is a hand pump parallel to the main pump).
On the left side of the handle is an aluminium button to latch the throttle for easier starting. (Pull throttle, push AND HOLD throttle latch, release the throttle, release the latch, and you have about one fourth throttle).

SawTroll

Information collector.

SawTroll

Quote from: sharkey on September 27, 2013, 06:29:42 PM
Courtesy of Mike Acres, here is a little more info about your Partner R-435;
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/37d969c4a6557ec188256afd004c8cfa?OpenDocument

Yep, but there is a serious mistake there - the stroke is wrong, it should be 40mm!   ;)
Information collector.

sablatnic

Yep, but there is a serious mistake there - the stroke is wrong, it should be 40mm!   ;)
[/quote]

Glad to hear that. Now I can put the cylinder from my damaged P100 onto my cylinder less R30, and have a running big cupe!  :)

SawTroll

Quote from: sablatnic on September 30, 2013, 11:47:59 AM

Glad to hear that. Now I can put the cylinder from my damaged P100 onto my cylinder less R30, and have a running big cupe!  :)

Sounds like a plan!   ;D
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!