iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Made in America

Started by Tam-i-am, September 12, 2013, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

A while back Gunter called us saying he found out we made things right here in the US.  He told me he was going to put our name on his list and asked for our logo.
Since putting our name on his growing list, he has sent me this link for Maria Sanchez, LA talk radio.  I know nothing of her show and didn't listen to the whole thing I just forwarded to the portion where she interviewed Gunter.  He tells why he made the list and things he found putting it together.  You can skip to  about 36:36 to hear his portion.
http://www.latalkradio.com/Players/Maria.shtml?date=June+17,+2013&file=061713

he was published in the Missoulian Newspaper.
http://missoulian.com/news/opinion/mailbag/shop-for-us-products-and-be-amazed-at-how-many/article_8e2cddf8-1583-11e3-a3f6-0019bb2963f4.html

And his list can be found at   usproducts.yolasite.com

I was surprised to see some of the things on his list, as I believed some of those industries had moved overseas.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Shotgun

Congratulations on being listed on Gunter's list Tammy.  And thank you for mentioning it as I was not aware that such a list existed. 

I do feel that his website could use a little assistance to make it more useful.  For instance,  having it searchable would be a big assist.  I think that it could use the help of Jeff's web-making artistry.    ;)

There are several products that I am aware of that I might suggest to Gunter, if I can ever determine that they're not already on the list.  We need more of Gunter's attitude to support American made products.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

thecfarm

Someone is still hand sewing shoes here in Maine. A guy stopped at our veggie shack with a load of uppers for sewing in the backseat of a fairly new Camero.  :o  I can't imagine the bottom of them totes being all that clean. I have no idea where the leather is coming from. years ago there was at least 2 tanneries in the state of Maine,that I knew of.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tam-i-am

I agree I found the list a little difficult to navigate.  Maybe Jeff could help him out ;D

There are a few other lists out there.  would be interesting to compare them.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Ron Wenrich

I see that someone is trying to revive the Studebaker.   They're listed as an American mfg, but apparently don't have any product.

Interesting list.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Radar67

On the right side of the page, there is a Table of Contents to help narrow down what type item you are looking for. I do agree that it needs a good search engine though.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Bibbyman

Made in America is a ticklish thing.   Many things "made in America" are made up of foreign components or the company is foreign owned.   In many cases the base materials,  aluminum,  steel, copper is all mined and processed in foreign countries as we have systematically shut down mining and refining.    :'(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

I really didn't mean to kill this topic.

Way to go!  Tammy and Kevin!

I've been an enthusiastic supporter of LogRite since they started making orange ones.  I show them to anybody and describe the features and history of the company - even if that person would never have need for LogRite products,  it's that important that people know are still out there creating opportunity.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!