iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arboristsite Hacked

Started by sharkey, September 10, 2013, 06:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkey

Tried to log on to AS this morning and got a page that said hacked by the Big Red X from Bangladesh... 

Anyone else seeing this?   

nk14zp

Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

ladylake

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

ladylake

The chainsaw repair site won't come up either.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

AdkStihl

J.Miller Photography

Jeff

Hopefully they just defaced the site and didn't destroy any content. Hopefully Daren can pull it all back together quickly.   If you become a target, I'm not sure if you can ever completely defend your website.  I see this same group hacked Dell not to long ago.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ed

Heavy Equip. forum got hacked yesterday, some middle east political BS. Fortunately no harm done.

Ed

NCFarmboy

Chainsawrepair is up I just logged on. 9:00 EST
Scum bags destroy years of work just to say look @me I'm the man. 
I think I remember after Racesaws got hacked a few years ago that AS had implemented some kind of backup.  I sure hope so.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

Furu

I noticed last night that I was getting the following message on Arboristsite but no red message.  I am still getting same message.
"Not Found
The requested URL /support-announcements/244279.htm was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Jeff

That's because you are not entering at the home page.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

leonz

AS of midnight or so last night eastern time the AS site was hacked and taken over
by the  White Hat Hacker rEd X and AS is still compromised. SO this gentleman is
obviously looking for challenges or so called challenges. 8)

beenthere

Was announced earlier in the Chainsaw forum. You're late.   ;D

That is if AS is the Arborsite....
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

old 030

looks like F/F will be getting alot more traffic until A/S is back up.................. pc_smiley

beenthere

I dropped out of AS a long time ago. Too much drama there.   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

old 030

Quote from: beenthere on September 10, 2013, 02:58:23 PM

i've backed way off myself, not that have any issues with anyone, just needed to give it a brake.......................now, about those hackers........... bat_smailey..................

AdkStihl

It went up, but now its back down again  :snowball:
J.Miller Photography

r.man

What does one do with a site after hacking your way into the conquerors position?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Al_Smith

I'm not certain there is any web site that has not been hacked .Without going into detail it can often come from within and has .

Evidently from the buzz over the internet  someone or a group has figured out how to infiltrate VB software .They might suggest it came from Bangladesh but it could have came from Littleton Colorado .

If they are smart enough to hack a site they are certainly smart enough to cover their tracks .

FWIW VB has a web forum with most of it's content open to the general public in case someone felt the urge to become an internet detective.

Digging Fool

Quote from: beenthere on September 10, 2013, 02:58:23 PM
10-4 on that!

WildDog

Quotei've backed way off myself, not that have any issues with anyone, just needed to give it a brake.......................now, about those hackers........... bat_smailey..................

Old030 your taking me back now, it would have to be over 30 years ago. I can recall Luther, "Warriors come out and playay"
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

old 030

Quote from: WildDog on September 13, 2013, 04:12:55 AM
Quotei've backed way off myself, not that have any issues with anyone, just needed to give it a brake.......................now, about those hackers........... bat_smailey..................

Old030 your taking me back now, it would have to be over 30 years ago. I can recall Luther, "Warriors come out and playay"

yeah, that movie came out in 1979, i saw it three times, it's a classic in my book!.................... ;D

sharkey

Looks like they got popped again?  Only thing loading today (0919) is the home page...

old 030

Quote from: sharkey on September 19, 2013, 04:48:36 PM
Looks like they got popped again?  Only thing loading today (0919) is the home page...
yeah, i just talked to another member over the phone, he said he hasn't been able to get on all day, although i was on early this morning........................old 030

Shotgun

Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Al_Smith

:D Well now isn't this a fine kettle of fish .Here I sit out of curisoty seeing if I can access the site in question and have no problem and I'm banned till the end of time .Yet good old faithfull members can't get on .

Ha you've all been banned  :)--you just don't know it yet . :o

Thank You Sponsors!