iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber frame business sign

Started by DaleK, September 08, 2013, 08:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaleK

I'm thinking about a new sign for the farm/business. Thinking about building something similar to one end of a timber-framed barn, with two uprights, a couple of cross beams, and a couple of beams for the peak. Put the farm name between the peak and the top beam then use the rest of the space between the cross beams to have some removable signs for each product I sell so I can add/remove them as they come into or out of season. Anybody seen anything like this or have any thoughts?
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

thecfarm

Would be a eye catcher. That is what you want. Seem like I have seen it somewheres.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Very catchy idea,  kinda like the diners with the chalk boards that show the daily specials, just more rustic!
Here's an idea, cut short samples of the product for sale, attach a small eye bolt  to the top of them,  hang them from your top beam as many as you can fit in the space,  and show the pricing and size with large readable print on each sample,   I don't know, it's fun to do whatever you want, that's the beauty of being on your own.  Being flexible is a great idea,  I like your idea,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

LAZERDAN

Google,                cool produce signs                 and then hit IMAGES,  I just spent the last 15 min checken em out.  Some are really clever, even a pinball machine produce sign.           Lazerdan

DaleK

Thanks guys. David - chalkboard - wonder if I made a 4x8 two sided chalkboard as part of the sign and used sidewalk chalk if it would last long enough and be legible if I put plexi over it... something to consider.
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

red oaks lumber

is the sign going to be read from the road? less clutter is always better. simple clean and precise.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Magicman

Quote from: DaleK on September 09, 2013, 10:41:38 PMif I put plexi over it... something to consider.
Plex could be reflective under certain light conditions and not readable at all.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!