iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

adding a debarker to an LT30

Started by 47sawdust, September 07, 2013, 12:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

I'm thinking of adding a debarker to my 97 Lt30.The control panel is pre-wired and the head is tapped and pre-drilled.I will have to add an external alternator.Doug@WM sent me the instructions for the debarker and it looks doable.The up and down chain is good to go as well.According to Doug the debarker weighs about 70#.
The cost of the alternator and debarker mod is about $2100.00 in parts.Anyone out there done this?At the present time I use a bark spud and while it works and it's cheap,I drool a little bit when I see a debarker.By the way I'm a stay a home sawyer and I don't want a different mill.
Your comments are appreciated.
Thanks,Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

dgdrls

Haven't done a conversion/addition like that, 

the price seems a bit steep though,

DGDrls

Chuck White

The debarker is a very much appreciated addition to a sawmill!

"Petefrombearswamp" was the previous owner of my sawmill and he added a debarker.

Might contact him if you have specific questions!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WoodenHead

I have not done the conversion either, but I do have a debarker.  It does the job nicely and increases blade life. 

If I remember correctly, the debarker itself is $1800+.  I assume the $300 would be for the alternator and guarding.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Your Debarker will pay for itself. Nice move.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!