iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cat 525b

Started by br389, September 04, 2013, 04:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

br389

What do you guy's think of a cat 525b skidder

kiko

Good skidder, major issues expensive to repair. Cat 3126 mechanical Engine requires special tooling. Cat skidders a personal favorite because of the superior engineering that went into them

logloper

Great skidder. Pulls wood like crazy. Mine had trouble in the deep snow, even chained up all the way. In 3' plus going uphill it was a pig until the trail was beat out. The bunching grapple is great if pulling bunches. Not so good if picking up handfell timber.

amberwood

had one on trial..plenty of power and fast on the ground. Good on fuel considering the machine size and production.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

br389

Iam just trying to do my research on them because we're thinking about buying a used one and I just wanted to do some asking around to see what other people thought and to see if theres something that I should look for... I just cant afford to buy it and have it break down

Kemper

It's going to break down. You can't do what we ask of these skidders and not have them break down.

Quote from: br389 on September 05, 2013, 04:54:47 AM
Iam just trying to do my research on them because we're thinking about buying a used one and I just wanted to do some asking around to see what other people thought and to see if theres something that I should look for... I just cant afford to buy it and have it break down

strokedoutf250

Our company is in Alabama and we specialize in steep ground we ran b models for 10 years they are great on steep ground they are balanced great . Altogether a wonderful machine they are better tractors than the 525c, wish we still had them , but we also run 545's and you cannot beat them with any tractor on steep ground

Thank You Sponsors!