iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vacations before retirement.... !( We are back, added a few pics)

Started by isawlogs, September 02, 2013, 09:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneWithWood

Sounds like a fine trip.  It is good Renee is getting some rest before she retires  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

isawlogs

I am thinking that I is he whom needs the rest.   :-\   :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

m wood

wow Marcel, nice country, good times, that water is too clear.  You and Renee enjoy that time
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

isawlogs

We are back from the trip and I will try to get a few more pics up.

We did see a lot of birds along the way.

The sea brings in things every night, the morning walk was always fun.

We had the camping almost to ourselves most of the time.  :)

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

You can't drive along the shore without seeing these along the way.

Typical of shoreline towns. This one I really like how the church, school and cemetery sit atop a cliff. Had I had a school with that view... :)

Marcel

isawlogs

We did a little loop up in the Chic-Choc mountains, saw two bears but the co-pilote was not quick enough for the pics.... this is looking back out to sea, you can see it in the ''V'' of the valley.

A local fisherman unloading his catch, we where not alowed any closer, I am pretty sure he was unloading shrimp.

Wind mill farms, quite a few where seen.

Marcel

isawlogs

A side tripe into the forest roads looking at the Chi-Chocs.

our last night at Cap-Chat..  Realy could not be any prettyier...

Marcel

isawlogs

The very last morning was the only morning I could actualy put a fly on the line and try to catch a trout where we where camped, it was the only time of the seven days we where there that it was not gusty winds.... So me and Balou went out and put a fly in the water, and tried not to slip and fall and get cut up again .... ::) :-X

Me

Renée. The co-pilote (Ya can blame her for a few pics and also for the none pics of the bears,, )  ;D     ;D

Marcel

isawlogs

All in all we did a little over 3000 kilometers on this trip. Had a great time, saw some awsome scenery , mountains that really impressed me and shoreline that is breath taking to look at.
  Rocks covered with algae are slippery... very slippery.
  truck takes 25$/hour to pull trailer.
  Having a place that is dry and warm to crash when camping is priceless.
  Having a wet dog coming along ... not so much.
  Would I do it again..... ya dam right I would  8) 8) 8)  ( the dog would be along too )

Marcel

sprucebunny

Thanks for the great pictures and congratulations to Renee on her retirement  8) 8)  8)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

isawlogs

I will tell her Joan, did I tell you that the retirement thing is going to be short lived.. like three days ... Her boss called and asked if she could continue the project she was working on before retirering. Renée has a meeting with them on monday to workout the return to work or the rehiring paperwork. So, so much for retirement fun, she only took time off to plan my next year :D :D   ::)

Marcel

Roxie

Say when

samandothers

Great pictures!   Seems she is good a managing things like your projects and her future!  :D

She is in the drivers seat!

Banjo picker

Thanks for taking us along for the ride Marcel.... and we didn't even get you wet... just sayin    may be we can go next time too.... Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

fishpharmer

Glad you had a good time Marcel!  Thanks for the nice pics.  8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sandhills

Thanks for all the beautiful pictures and glad all three of you had a great trip!

SwampDonkey

Marcel, you said at one point in your trip you were at Matane. Was that the Matane over by Rimouski or was you that far east? If so, there is the old George Stephen fishing lodge over by there, they now call the Reford Gardens. His niece made the place into flower gardens. George Stephen was one of the rail roaders of the 19th C., one of them old Scotch Quebers as Peter Newman would say. ;)

Anyway, looks like a great vacation with wife and dog. Those towns remind me of many trips I have made up around the St Lawrence, both shores. ;D If ya want birds, there's always Perce's Rock. ;D

I had a couple uncles who would fly from Matane into northern Quebec to do surveying.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

customsawyer

That sure looks like some country I would like to ride my Harley through. Thanks for sharing.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

isawlogs

Swampdonkey, yes it is the same Matane, we where east of that.( about 2 hours east) If you follow the south shore of the St Laurence to the point where it widens out thats pretty well where we was camped at and made that our base camp. We took daily road trips from there into the interior and made our way back to camp by the sea shore.

Marcel

drobertson

Looks like you guys had a blast! beautiful country for sure,  thanks for sharing,,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

It's good to go and good to come back home. Like the lighthouse pictures. I use to collect lighthouse postcards,just the ones in the USA. Lots of lighthouses and even more postcards of lighthouses. A small fortune can be spent on them things.  ;D 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doctorb

A wonderful set of vaca pics!  Loved the journey.  Congrats!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

SwampDonkey

I couldn't remember the place of the caribou. But now that I think about it  ::), it would be about the only spot (on the Gaspe Peninsula) that they are on the south shore.  I've been all the way around the Gaspe a couple times. My grandfather would go up there a few times to fish salmon. I drove him around on his last trip there in 1991, just a road trip. By the spring of 1993 he went blind. He always took trips to Rivier De Loup as well as there was a Bay store there. Nostalgic more than anything for him and nice country with clean rest areas and parks. The last time I was up to see things was in 2011, came across on the ferry from the north shore, coming from St Alma, Le Bae, Chicoutimi on the Saguiney R. That place is interesting, farm fields as flat as prairie out in the middle of mountains and Boreal forest. And around the lake and the river a different forest type like along the St Lawrence because of the hardwoods. It's like your driving in mountains now, and boom flat farms all the sudden. You wouldn't expect it. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

PBS will once in awhile have a short show on Maine light houses, kinda a fly by video of all the lighthouses.

They closed them all up here and let them go to pot or fall down. There is one that the Moncton high school kids run in the summer at a place called Cape Enrage. Have a soup and sandwich counter. Some go to rock climb. It's at a remote area, nothing around there and you wouldn't really know if the land along the road was private or public.

Thank You Sponsors!