iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vacations before retirement.... !( We are back, added a few pics)

Started by isawlogs, September 02, 2013, 09:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

It does happen, Renée , my wife, is retiring as of September 13th 2013, yep, a friday to boot. It is quite fitting though, as our first date was on a friday 13th, we got married on a friday 13th, and have had many other friday 13th hapenings.  :D
  She had a month of accumulated vacation time coming to her and we are going to take a week or so and go camping by the St Laurence seaway at  Cap-Chat Qc, she just wants to be beside the salt water and collect sea shells, rocks and what ever washes up on shore that could be interesting.. Fine by me, I'll drive there, there's good fishing over that way. ;D
  We are leaving in the morning and will try to be back for her retirement on the 13th   :D 
  I was told that the ''to do'' list is in the making while on this trip, she wants to take, I get the feeling the list will be long.  :o   :D

Here is the rig pinned and ready to go( only needs to be unplugged )

We are bringing the laptop with us and we will try to post some pics as we go. Ya I have camera and batteries this time.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Dude! What a setup. Y'all need to head toward S.C. I have a POWER BOX you can hook up to for a visit.
Hope y'all have fun!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

All I can say is enjoy!  real happy for the both of you!  sounds like 13 is a good number for you!  kinda weird though,  I guess its just a number, but a good one for you two,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

Marcell,

Take a couple of extra pads and pencils to take notes for all the new/old stuff that you will have to do or fix.

Here is a null hypothesis  - Retirement does not equal remodeling.  I havde proven it to be WRONG  :-\.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

And away we go. Marcel,you all retired too? Enjoy,enjoy,enjoy.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Congrats to Renée on the retirement and here is wishing you much fun and relaxation on the vacation time.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Enjoy your time away, Marcel.
And be quick to make up your own to-do list.

After all, she is the one retiring.   ;) ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sprucebunny

Have fun and Keep the shiny side up  :)

I'm betting there will be some lobster and ice cream involved   food6
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

isawlogs

Ray,
  I ain't retired for saye, but... I had a work related accident back in sept. 1990 that left me with an allmost useless left arm. Was journeymen Ironworker with welding tickets. Make a long story short i was able to have my last physio rendez-vous in 1995, they where able to help me get use of my arm back, they did a super job. Downfall, that was the end of my Ironworkers career.  :-\  Brightside, I got me a mill to play with  ;D :D :D ( Renée is a physio.. but she stayed clear of the arm incident)  She took care of a broken leg ankle ten years earlier....  on a friday the 13th 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Mooseherder

Congratulations Renee and Marcel.
Have a great vacation. 8)

isawlogs

Now you know cheese, ice cream and lobster are on the menu. well for me, you all can substract the lobster for Renée.  :D

Marcel

pineywoods

Hey congratulations. You could just keep on moving south, just about in time to attend the chickin crispin at Magicman's place. From there, it's just a short hop down to the cajun country, where you would be right at home...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

gspren

Quote from: pineywoods on September 02, 2013, 11:03:53 PM
Hey congratulations. You could just keep on moving south, just about in time to attend the chickin crispin at Magicman's place. From there, it's just a short hop down to the cajun country, where you would be right at home...

Park next to my camper and we can talk about how to travel some and enjoy retirement, we sure do.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

sbishop

Marcel...swing south when you are there..i'm only about 2 1/2hrs away...oh by the way the fishing has been terrible  :D HAAHAHAHA

Congrats!

maple flats

Congratulations on the retirement! I retired 14 yrs ago, but after 3 weeks I started driving school bus, then I started making maple syrup, then I bought a Peterson mill. Now I have less time than when I worked 70-80 hrs many weeks each year before I retired.
Joan and I also got married on a Friday the 13th, Friday October 13, 1967. It was not bad luck at all, but extremely good luck.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

isawlogs

We made to the camp site in Cap-Chat at a little past 6 this evening, 800 or so kilometers later.

We got settled in and are ready for a little something to eat.  :) :)

Pics for tomorow   fishin-smiley
  I could throw a rock into the sea from my picnic table here... Waves crashing onto the shore is quite a diferent sound.. boy will I sleep well tonight.  smiley_speechless smiley_wavy smiley_wavy

Marcel

sprucebunny

Excellent ! Hope you get to hear some loons  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

samandothers

Congrats to the misses and  you too for the anniversary!  Enjoy the time off and playing. 
With those sounds of lapping waves leading to sleep don't start sawing logs at night or Renee may not take kindly!

Paul_H

Looking forward to the pics,have a good trip mon ami.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

sandhills

hope you both have a great time and can't wait to see the pics of all the fish  ;D. 

terrifictimbersllc

Yes, best wishes to both of you and tell us about the fishing!
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

isawlogs

St Laurence seaway valley , just east of Quebec city Qc.

It is getting wider, but one can still see the North Shore some.

Fog rolled in as we where getting near Matane Qc. We where an hour away from our destination.

Here the St Laurence is wide enough that one can not see the north shore. (Low tide this morning. )

Weather this morning in Cap-Chat is great suny with a brease...  :) 

The Renée with Balou out treasure hunting this morning!!!

Marcel

sandhills

Beautiful Marcel, keep 'em coming.  By the way, I didn't see any pictures of fish yet?  :D

Thank You Sponsors!