iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hunting DOVE for FOOD.....Emmmmmm!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, September 02, 2013, 08:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

First day of Dove season. HOT and HUMID. I mean sweat dripping HOT!
Started at 12pm. No Doves until 4:30 - 6pm. Hunted our Corn field and then went to the Millet field.

You were right WDH....they were coming in behind me.  :D I had to turn around.  fudd-smiley

Paul and I managed to get 12 birds. We always clean and give one to our dog Emma. She loves them.

Cleaned them, split them open, stuffed with cream cheese and peppers. Then we wrapped Bacon around them and covered them with Texas Pete.

They're are in the oven right now.......can't wait.

[img width=550 

height=412]https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/24625/IMG_1897.JPG[/img] 

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

julio

If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

julio

WDH

DanG right you need him there!  That Julio can cook ;D.  David, you do pretty good with the eatin' part.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I was in PA one year and there was a line of hunters in a small store. I asked what is going on. Doves season was the answer. I think we have them in Maine,but noboby eats them or hunts them either. Good hunting there you two.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I wish Julio and the rest of you were here. These DanG Dove breast are good.
I tried a new BBQ sauce on them I got in another state.  ;D

Had green beans and Pickled Peaches with my Dove.  dadgum you, Charlie! Don't hit me Raider.

SPIKER

Have not hunt them since the season first got started way back when in Ohio...   Ate a LOT of them when we were younger our diet was 50% or better wild game & fresh fish..   Raised and ate a lot of Pigeons too just as good and more meat on them ;)

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: SPIKER on September 02, 2013, 09:14:25 PM
Have not hunt them since the season first got started way back when in Ohio...   Ate a LOT of them when we were younger our diet was 50% or better wild game & fresh fish..   Raised and ate a lot of Pigeons too just as good and more meat on them ;)

Mark

I've never tried Pigeon Mark. How do you cook them?

julio

I hope RAIDER don't see that it could be a road trip

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: julio on September 02, 2013, 09:20:14 PM
I hope RAIDER don't see that it could be a road trip

At least Raider would stay a few days. WEEKEND SAWYER would show up, eat my Dove breast and leave.  :D

WDH

I sure hope that you get Raider Bill some pickled peaches.  You don't want him knocking on your door with his goose gun. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

julio

If Raider comes Im coming to just listen to the 10000 stories

julio

WDH

David, I would fix this problem ASAP if I was you  :),.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on September 02, 2013, 09:29:54 PM
David, I would fix this problem ASAP if I was you  :),.

Your my personnel Administrator.......fix it for me.  :D...........before it's to late.  fiddle-smiley

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Uh Oh.......Wild Bill just showed up!  running-doggy

WDH

You are on your own with this one.  You got yoreself in it, now get yoreself out of it. 

wildbill

dad and i are taking a road trip to SC?  never been there before.  sounds good to me.  never tried pickled peaches

smiley_thumbsup
Raider Bill's favorite son

julio

the little dog is going to wake up big DOG >:(

WDH

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Today: help_me     Tomorrow:  smiley_angel02_wings

julio

they are on the way  see how quite little Bill is

WDH

On no.........I hoped that this would not happen. 

Al_Smith

I used to knock them  off of power lines when I was kid with a slingshot but never thought of eating one .The cats seemed to enjoy them though .

Thank You Sponsors!