iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Local Hewing Demo

Started by Rooster, September 02, 2013, 12:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooster

Well, my wife and I went to the Rock River Thresheree this weekend. http://thresheree.com/
I was invited to be an exhibitor and I decided this year to do some hewing.  The club supplied three logs out of a dead standing Cottonwood tree that they cut down two days before, from somewhere on the event grounds. The butt log had the most moisture, the least amount of limbs, and was the on the end of the pile...so that's why I started with the "big" one and decided to max-out on what the log could offer and laid-out for an 18 in. cant.

Rooster

P.S.  The last picture is the start of the final pass with the hewing axe.

"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

beenthere

Going to be doing another log tomorrow?

Seems I hear about these things after the fact, but the billing says tomorrow is the last day.

Looks like work, but the temps haven't been so bad (at least for sitting in the shade  ;D )

Don't slip with that sharp tool.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Rooster

I think I have too much going on to make it out there again tomorrow...but the log will probably be there for viewing.

Thanks,

Rooster
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

Rooster

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Brad_bb

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Rooster

Thanks Brad_bb!

My wife likes to say that she had a hand in the video...not a hand in making the video, but literally a hand near the end of the video...those Hollywood types!!!

Rooster
Mike Rowe

Rooster

ChrisGermany

Great stuff. Thanks for posting, sir.
"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -- Matthew 6:34

Thank You Sponsors!