iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Therapy Sawing

Started by ND rancher, August 30, 2013, 09:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ND rancher

Every chance I can find I try to saw stickers and blocking out of odds and so when thing slow down I can get to sawing all the logs that are waiting patiently in piles for me to come and find there future use in there life cycle. It sure helps get my mind off things,now if only it cools down so it is bearable to do so.We have had very hot,humid weather for weeks now and we finally got our first rain since June 9th.We have been blessed to get a very good hay crop and the grains are also fair.I guess I need to stop this rambling.   Keith 
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

Magicman

Rambling is good therapy too.  Keep it up.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

ND, I agree with you, it's nice to relax and saw when its for this type sawing.   Relaxing is a good thing!  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Planman1954

Ya know what?....I'll be glad when I can begin to saw SMALL amounts for furniture projects I enjoy building. Everything for me for the next few years are LARGE construction projects around my place here. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy building...it just seems everything I need is on such a big scale...(I'm venting Magic!) :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Magicman

You just need to kick back and come to the "Chickin Crispin".   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Planman1954

You ain't gonna believe this Magic! I was talkin' to piney about a month ago. He told me about it then. I said...you watch..he'll pick the date of my sister's sons' wedding...sept.28! Sho nuf!...couldn't believe it. I just laughed, and said it figures. Remember last time, I HAD to go to Birmingham for birth of granddaughter. Anywho, I STILL hope to be seeing ya'll one day soon!
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Magicman

I didn't pick the wrong date.....he did.   :D

justallan1

Keith, part of the reason I bought my bandmill was to get out of the house and away from my own thinking. I find that I get on the negative side by overthinking things and when I'm sawing I feel great. I make a few bucks and help a few people out.
And by all the decency and respect I see on this forum, personally I'd say ramble on brother.

Allan

drobertson

Amen Allan,  if it's not relaxing then it's work, and there is plenty of this to go around,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

leot

It's Labor day and what did I do, saw just for the fun of it
48 in manual mill 1880's

thecfarm

If it wasn't raining all day,I would have been out digging rocks,maybe sawing some cedar,cut some wood.haul some dirt and so on. That is therapy for me,working my land. I don't mean to say working,I should say playing with my land. I just enjoy it. Looking around and thinking about making something better. Even if I know I will never have time to get it done.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chain

I've often told folks if someone told me I had to work at a sawmill, I'd run away. But now, I miss my mill, I would hobby saw and experiment with things, sawing out shingles for my woods camp shed, cut out pine siding and timbers for my solar kiln, pallet lumber, etc.  And, near Christmas, I would take a frozen venison ham down to the mill and saw it into roasts or steaks, it took a little imagination but worked well.

I will always remember my first log...a 14" X 12' sassafras.

maple flats

I also still remember my first log. I received my mill on Jan 3, 2005, did the unpacking and a little assembly the next 2 days between my work hours, then on the third day I dragged out a 16" cherry log that had laid on the woods floor for about 10 years. The outside 1-2" were mush, but inside that was some beautiful lumber. I had more enjoyment opening that log than I ever thought possible "working". It truly was great therapy.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!