iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New here , loads of reading to do

Started by Red Good, August 30, 2013, 02:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Good

Have a bunch of year old dead oak trees and thinking about getting a saw mill to use them for my own building . I am sure I will have lots of questions . Been a motorcycle guy all my life , fixing , building , all of it really . Live in north east Oklahoma an hour east of Tulsa . Is there any one close to me , would like to see a mill setup and working . Anyway thanks for letting me in the door . Red 
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum. There are several guys that are not that far from you. They might be on here in a bit and give you a invite. You can also go to the top of a page to the members map and see how many are close to you.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Andy White

Red Good
Welcome to the forum. This is the place to ask and learn. If you are ever in southeast Texas, stop by, and we will saw some SYP.    Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

nk14zp

Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Red Good,welcome to the forum. Take your time with buying. I looked for years before I bought a mill. Good luck.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

amgont75

Welcome Red.  Happy reading and learning.
Andrew From Arizona

drobertson

Howdy Red good, I'm several hours east of you, I'm thinking there are a few real close to your area,  have a good one,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Deese

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

dboyt

Red, welcome to the forum!  If you want to make the trip to the Missouri side of the border, I run a Norwood MX34 20 miles south of Joplin.  It would make a nice day trip for you on your bike.  I salvage a lot of oak on the mill, so it would be pretty close to the use you have in mind.  Send me personal message and we can set up a time.  I'm always looking for a little free help  :D.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Knute

Welcome! You will learn a lot here. Always someone who can answer your question.

manoverboard

Welcome! It's nice to see someone newer than me!! 8)
TimberKing 2000, 35hp Diesel, Kubota L3800 w/loader

dgdrls

Welcome aboard R.G. 

NY is a bit of a haul but hey you could see a Lucas swing-mill run.

DGDrls

1woodguy

Hey welcome to the forum!
Another from oklahoma
   I haven't been on here much lately, busy busy
And I still haven't got a mill yet
Seems like something else always comes up to pour cash into
I live over by tenkiller lake   ,several months ago I bought a house very near you in salina (6 or 8 miles I guess)and talked awhile to a man who lives in Peggs not far down the road from ya
I believe he said his sawmill was a baker
If you wanted to check out a nearby mill.

Experience is a rough teacher first you get the test later comes the lesson!

Thank You Sponsors!