iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saws Stolen off landing today, Bakersfield, VT

Started by TheDirt, August 29, 2013, 09:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDirt

I had a 2012 Husqvarna 372xp and a 2011 Jonsered 2172 Turbo stolen from my pickup this afternoon on my landing while I was in the woods.
Someone smashed the window on my locking contractors cap and managed to get them out, couldn't have been an easy task.
I'm sure I'll never see them again: $1600 worth of saws sold for a couple hundred's worth of pills or whatever.
But, if any of you come across a 372 fitted with a jonsered top handle (straight handle) or a 2172 that has a bolt in the place of the decompression valve, or a saw missing serial #'s, or too cheap to be true...let me know, I will pay a reward...figured I'd put a line out there just in case.
Thanks

thecfarm

I know the cure for that.   >:(  I turn into a whole diffeant person when that happens.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nemologger

Be sure to report this theft to the local Law enforcement, give them your serial numbers. someday someone will need repairs or take them to a pawn shop.
Clean and Sober

celliott

I'll keep an eye on craigslist for you, I'm often looking for used saws, or have an ad to buy saws. Don't think they'd turn up in a shop over my way, too far for their trouble.
That really stinks, sorry to hear this.......
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

beenthere

Quoteor a saw missing serial #'s,

What's up with that?

Sorry to hear about the thieves. Unfortunate we have such brazen people to have to live around.  Real unfortunate.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

He means the scum will grind the serial #'s off.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Hopefully they will be recovered.

I hates a thief.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

cutter88

just sickening when u work hard for what u have and some low life takes it all...
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Andrew Lawrence

Who knew what was in the box? who's been around to know your schedule? Just the saws? Sorry that it happened, I'm afraid that more thieves will appear as this lazy generation and the economy collide
Lawrence Lot Clearing Logging                            To God be the glory

TheDirt

I've been parking right along the road, so any time I'm working on the landing I have the truck open for anyone passing by to see what's inside. As for my schedule, that has been all over the place as I'm trying to do two jobs at once. My guess is that it had to be someone local who travels the road and could time my being in the woods. I usually work alone so it's pretty easy for anyone who knows the business to see that if the skidder is not on the landing then I'm not either.
They just took the saws. Didn't or couldn't get into the side box with my tools, or into the cab for wallet, checkbook etc...

Woodboogah

Nothing worse then a thief.  Sorry to hear about that.  Something I think about all the time stuff getting stolen or machine messed with.  I guess working for what you want is out of the question for some people, sad place.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

killerman

Make sure you do a police report, then contact your local Crimestoppers and offer to fund the reward for tips/info on this specific  crime. Most Crimestopper orgs are really underfunded so if they can put emphasis on a crime that wont cost them any funds they should jump on it.
If they dont get a tip it wont cost you anything.
TK 1400 and a Mahindra 5530

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Andrew Lawrence

Check that little saw shop in Enosburg,maybe they can help you find a "used saw" ,I've stopped before and they were helpful
Lawrence Lot Clearing Logging                            To God be the glory

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Kemper

Goose, what part of ND are you in? I spent 3 years up there & still have a lot of friends in the area.

Quote from: goose63 on September 06, 2013, 09:05:31 PM
>:( find them then get a horse and a rope

horselogger50

I have the horse and rope, Hopefully they find whoever stole your saws. People are scum.

Thank You Sponsors!