iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1985 GMC C3500

Started by lynde37avery, August 29, 2013, 04:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynde37avery

i think this is the right board for a truck post?
but does anyone have a 1980's gmc 3500 dually on here? im getting one saturday. dump bed etc. ill post a pic soons i get it washed n waxed.
just curious about the unit ups and downs. i know a few positive factors. its a manual 4spd and NO COMPUTER! also its carburated.
Detroit WHAT?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I don't have one but I can't wait to see yours. It sounds like a jewel!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

shinnlinger

My neighbor has the Chevy flavor, an 88 I believe.   Duelly dump with lift gate.  350 auto.   It surges,  probably a vacuum leak we are going to try to track down one of these days.   Not much power with 3 Yards of gravel but that's a lot for a 1 ton. 
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

woodandtractors

I had a 1985 Chevy C35 that I ordered new,loved it so much I ordered another one like it near the end of production of that style truck. Both had the heavy chassis equipment option(might be C6P on line ticket),454 carbureted,no cat. converter,dual exhaust,4spd. cast iron trans. and plenty of power to haul cord and a half loads of firewood. Second truck was an '89,both of them got 8mpg working.
Mike
Still plays with tractors-IH of course!

steamsawyer

I have a 1992 3500 GMC with a 454 and throttle body injection. Not a real speed demon but I think it will move anything you hook to it. Gas mileage... NOT... 9 miles to the gallon, loaded, empty, up hill, down hill... I have a hyd. dump bed that you can fill to running over and it handles it fine. It costs too much to run nowadays so the only time it is on the road is to the dump or the sawmill. I'm glad to still have it though.

Alan
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

lynde37avery

i get it in the morning. ill be washing and detailing it so it can make its maiden voyage with a load of firewood in it some time this week coming up. ill snap a pic. we have all GM trucks. 6.6 duramax, two 6.5 chevy diesels. a 1970 C40 with a 350 and this 3500 gas job to add as well lol. between 2 guys i think its enough trucks. all duallys all dumps.
Detroit WHAT?

timberlinetree

Hey neighbor good luck with the new dump truck! I almost bought a truck with a 454. Was really nice and fast. It would pass everything except a gas station :D you should have no problem going up the hills.is it 4x4?
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

bama20a

Odd this came up, I'm going today & look at a 1990, 3500 chevy, It has a 454 also.
Good thing is they are several gas station's between us ;D
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

lynde37avery

I am getting some pics going here in a bit. I will show em off soon here.
Detroit WHAT?

shinnlinger

My neighbor had me over for some beers last night.  He fixed the surging by fixing the egr valve and listed it for $4200 and five calls and three looks so far!  I suppose they hold their value!
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Thank You Sponsors!