iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Adjustment belt for Sperber chain saw mill

Started by Joseph Ransmeier, August 28, 2013, 06:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph Ransmeier

I have a Sperber chain saw mill and the adjustment belt which connects the two threaded rods which raise and lower the rollers to change the thickness of the board cut is totally shot.  Does anyone know where to find a replacement belt to fit the notched pulleys?  The belt is about 84 1/2 - 85" long and has a 3/8" pitch.

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Are you thinking it is something like a timing belt?

If so, one place to look that has a variety is McMaster.com

http://www.mcmaster.com/#timing-belts/=o9mhup
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

terrifictimbersllc

I have a 52" sperber mill with a belt that has 311 teeth.  I forget the other details right now but I ordered it from the  Belt Corp of America, I think it was a urethane timing belt, and I remember paying about $10-15 more (total cost including shipping was $58.16 in 2010) for an "FDA grade " one.   This grade gave the belt a 10 degree lower temperature (usable either down to 30 or 20 degrees F).  You need to count your teeth somehow and measure the pitch and the other teeth dimensions carefully from the belt and/or the sprocket if the belt is not intact anymore.  I'll look up the paperwork and see if I have more details when I get a chance.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Happycamper

Joseph,
Give Phyllis a call. I needed a drive belt for my 16" Makita planer and Makita wanted $240.00 for it. I called Phyllis in Louisana at the Belt Store and she knew exactly what I needed. $19.95 and a week later I put the new belt on the planer, it was an exact  match for the application 9 ribs and 45" long.
                                         Jim
Phyllis Stewart

BELT STORE LLC.

2109 JEFFERSON ST.

LAFAYETTE, LOUISIANA

(337) 235-9736 – fax:  (337) 235-9030

www.beltsforanything.com   

Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

Thank You Sponsors!