iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It was one of those days

Started by DR Buck, August 25, 2013, 08:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

Today i planned on catching up on 2 sawing jobs I have had waiting.   Logs for both were delivered here to the farm, which was good.   One slice into the first log and the battery light came on.  :(    I shredded an alternator belt.  :-X     This was the second time I had an alternator belt go south.   I remember the first time.  It was at a customer site and I didn't have a spare.  That took half a day to get it going again.   This time I had a belt and my bad memories from the first time.  The good part of the bad memories was I remembered how to get the old belt off and the new one on without removing the drive belt.   8)    It still cost me an hour and half fooling around with it and getting all the metal shields back so nothing rubbed.     While "in there" I noticed the drive belt was showing lots of wear.   I guess that will be my next adventure.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Magicman

I hate to break the news, but it never ends.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dboyt

MM is right, but on the bright side, you've already learned about keeping spare belts, checking other belts, and how to change them without losing a full day.  That kind of experience will serve you well.  As long as you're standing at the end of the day and can count to 10 on your fingers, you're doing good.

I remember a few years back when I was cutting for a customer about my age, but so crippled with arthritis that he couldn't stand up straight and was in constant pain.  I muttered something about having a bad day, and he just looked at me and asked "wanna trade one of your bad days for one of my GOOD ones?"  That shut me up!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

drobertson

Sorry for your troubles man, that guard or whatever is in interference should be corrected for sure, we all know these belts last a long time when nothing is rubbing or out of line, might be a good day to fix it, or check your fishing gear and set some hooks ;D   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!