iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got a little bored/board today.....you can do this too!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, August 24, 2013, 04:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Just took the afternoon off today and watched the tree trimmers bring in junk to be burned.
I saw a crotched limb from a Red Oak and I decided to play a little bit.
This is what I came up with and when I finished I took it to a neighbor who likes woodsy stuff in her yard to accent her plants.
This was a fun thing to make and anyone can do it.  smiley_thumbsup

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Bill Gaiche

pineywoods

Dang Poston, is there no end to your creative talents ? Nice..Lag bolt fasteners ?
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: pineywoods on August 24, 2013, 06:13:55 PM
Dang Poston, is there no end to your creative talents ? Nice..Lag bolt fasteners ?

Drill hole, get sledge, implant 60 penny nail.  ;D

hackberry jake

Kubota? Stihl? Woodmizer? Somebody has a problem with the color orange  :)
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

thecfarm

I get it booked marked. A good idea. Better than KHAKIES.  ::)

Edit on the big letter word.   KHAKI  had to go find the correct spelling.

And I am on the search for a cedar one. But will have to use pine for the cookies. The cedar will have a hole in the middle that big on my land.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I like it David, and it really does not matter if when those cookies crack.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Clever idea, and I was thinking it was gonna be a picnic table for one!  :)

mesquite buckeye

Is it true that you are the world's most interesting man? ;D 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on August 26, 2013, 08:53:05 AM
I like it David, and it really does not matter if when those cookies crack.   ;D

They'll crack all to pieces. But when they do, just stick'm back down with a tube of Silicone.

Lud

Good Idea!  I have a guy in my golf league who won a bar's "Most Interesting Man Look-a-like contest"  .He got a couple of T's and a hundred bucks.  Look around .  I believe you'd qualify...............that you'd  have bonefides!! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

MattJ

That design would make a cool shooting bench for plinking with the air rifle in the woods with the kids.  I might steal your design and repurpose it.

justallan1

Deese

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Mooseherder

woodsteach

Great ideas.   Planter for the Mrs. and plinking bench for the girls and I. 
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

Farmerjw

I showed that to my wife and she loved it.  Thanks for the great idea.  Then the idea of the shooting bench really hits home.  A few well placed in the woods and squirrel season could be great!
Premier Bovine Scatologist

AK Newbie

LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

Thank You Sponsors!