iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodland mill

Started by goose63, August 23, 2013, 05:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose63

:snowball: hi I am new here am thinking about getting a woodland 2013 mill dose  anyone know if its a good sawmill ?
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

m wood

I dont own one and I've never sawed with one either, but I researched them heavily while shopping for my mill.  They're a sponsor here so I can safely say they are excellent for what they are intended.  there are some owners here on the FF and they are sure to give their opinions soon.  Welcome goose 63!!
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

dboyt

Goose63, that's a hard question to answer without knowing what you intend to do.  Just sawing for yourself?  Thinking about supplementing your income?  Plan to go mobile?  What size & species logs?  Chances are pretty good that whatever you think you'll be doing, you'll push the mill to the limit sooner or later, so make sure you get one that is up to it.  Let us know where you are, and maybe some sawyers in your area will let you take a look at their sawmill.  Why not take a few minutes and introduce yourself to the forum?  By the way, WELCOME!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Andy White

goose63
If you are capable of using a manual mill, this one will do anything you may want to do. I've cut 27" pine logs, and have run mine to the limit on several projects. The log handling issue is the hardest to overcome, regarding support equipment. If set up stationary, an arch and small utv will be of great help. This is a tough little mill that has served me well. BTW  Welcome to the Forum.      Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

drobertson

beenthere, great post, just have to say with that much log supply and support, why go with that small of a mill? unless it was a one or two shot deal? heck of an operation for a small mill, they must put out!  very impressive to say the least.   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!