iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

after market carbs ?

Started by scully, August 21, 2013, 09:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scully

I was wondering if anyone knows how or were to get aftermarket carbs for saws . Actualy I would like one for my 7910 Dolmar  . I am not good with this preset thing at all !
I bleed orange  .

skeetsman

i bet this will stir the pot . just put  an am carb on a 350 husky. a couple pulls, started ran.  afew adjustments , removal of plastic restraints and running maybe stronger than before. time will tell
cs8000, 702evl, 365sp, 32 ton splitter 350husk, cs6700

JohnG28

What do you mean about preset? Is it just limit caps restricting further adjustment?
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

NCFarmboy

Sounds like he doesn't know how to tune a saw.  Could be he wants initial adj. from closed.  Most not all initial adj. is 1 turn out from closed on both H/L screws.  Hope this is what you were lookin for.  On the AM carbs, the only one I have used worked perfectly on a 268 Husky.  Still have to adj. for proper running.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

Al_Smith

I don't know much about the OPs' tuning ability but really there isn't too much to a saw carb as a general rule .95 percent of the time a 10 dollar rebuild kit and at most 20 minutes of time will cure the problem .

Every so often you'll get a stinker but that's pretty rare .

bandmiller2

After market,alot of the name brands are made in China now.Using my Stihl weed wacker looked down at the primer and in bold print "made in china"on the carb.No big deal to remove the restrictors unless your worried about warranty issues.Last ones I removed I took a drywall screw and ground the point flat and screwed it into the restrictor pulled them off easily.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

scully

Well I only ever had about 30 saws in my life so I guess one could say it sounds like I don't know how to tune a saw . Guess maybe I was foolin myself all them years . My new saw is not adjustable it is pre-set ! no little caps on the H an L they are sealed permanently.But ,maybe someone knows a way around all that . Think I will hire a factory authorized Dolmar mechanic to gap my plug another 5 thousandths.......
I bleed orange  .

JohnG28

Can't say I have ever heard of fixed screws before. Can't say I have any Dolmar experience either, but that is strange.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

bandmiller2

Scully that's a new one for me no adjustments at all.Everything I own is at least eight years old.Thankfully I have enough old saws to last me out.If theirs the demand you can be sure aftermarket will spring up hopefully some of the outhers here know. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!