iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jeff's great find.

Started by Wildflower, August 21, 2013, 06:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildflower

It is a 1965 Ford Thunderbird and now residing at our home. I could not wait to take it for a spin. I love it.
8)
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Wildflower

More Pictures

Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Magicman

Whoa, that is a beauty.  Congratulations !!!  So it was hiding in da UP  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

That T-Bird looks cherry!

What a great find!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

I think I got a very good deal on it. I don't know that much on pricing an old car, but I knowwhat you get at a used car lot for what I paid for this one, and it aint much.  I just came in from washing it for the first time. There is a lot of chrome on that thing! I need to get some good photos of it cleaned up.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

justallan1

sandhills

WOW!!!!! smiley_hollywood_cool  smiley_hollywood_cool  My cousin had a '65 in Ak. don't know what happened to it but I loved that car, sure was nice of Jeff to buy that for ya Tammy  ;).  Very, very nice car!

beenthere

Looking great !!!
Now have to get a garage built soon.  8)

Here is some info found on the '65

http://www.hagerty.com/price-guide/1965-Ford-Thunderbird
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

doctorb

Great car in the snow!  ;)

Kind of a Saturday night, drive-around-the-town-square vehicle.  Looks in fantastic shape for a 48 year old car.  Love the turquoise air filter cover and the two-spoke steering wheel.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Den Socling

Very nice. It needs a roof over it's head and brought out only on sunny days for special occasions!

Roxie

Yes!  Happy for you!   8)
Say when

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on August 21, 2013, 08:43:10 AM
I just came in from washing it for the first time.

And tomorrow when you wash it.....and the next day when you wash it......and the day after when you wash it... :)
If it was mine....I'd be cleaning it every day.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

moosehunter

That is just a cool car!
Congrats!!
390?
I had a boss that had one in white. He was doing a head job on it and we had to push it in and out of the garage every day for 3 weeks. One day we decided he needed to be paid back for our troubles so we poured about a quart of ATF down each exhaust pipe. So when he finally put it back together and fired it up it smoked way worse than it did before he took it apart :D :D
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

thecfarm

Friday night is cruise night.
moosehunter. That is mean. But I like it.  ;D Did he ever know what you did?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WmFritz

That will be a fun driver. Cool pic on The Bridge.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

moosehunter

thecfarm,

he never let on that he knew what happened. The people involved still get laugh now and then.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Bibbyman

Classic sign of middle age crisis.  ;D 

Trust me,  been there, done that more than once.  ;)

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

John_Haylow

Quote from: Bibbyman on August 21, 2013, 07:03:32 PM
Classic sign of middle age crisis.  ;D 

Trust me,  been there, done that more than once.  ;)
How long ago was that Bibby? :D
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

rbhunter

"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

petefrom bearswamp

Jeff you will enjoy the car immensely.
doesn't matter what it cost if it brings pleasure.
Bibby is that really you?
My wife Linda has a 1950m GMC pickup which I will post pics of If i ever take the time  learn how.
These classics are fun fun fun.
Went to a cruise night last night with the PU at an ice cream store ( an added bonus.)
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

clww

Very nice find that Jeff bought for you, Tammy. :) :) :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Bibbyman

I got the Vette in 88 as I remember. The oldest son graduated high school and went into the Navy.   He came home and saw it and said, "I hate you Dad.  It's got mag wheels and everything."   He made sure I wouldn't have time or money to enjoy it by bringing his two girls home for us to raise.  The Vette is up on blocks in the garage.   I got it started last fall but it needs a lot of brake work before it's ready for the road. Brooke is a freshman this year so..... 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!