iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day at the dump

Started by sigidi, August 21, 2013, 05:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigidi

A few pics of the kind of stuff I've been up to at our local dump.

Load of logs ready at the beginning of the day... (we added a few more through the day)

Boards at the end of the day...

We cleaned up around the mill strapped the packs up, sharpened, re-fuelled and loaded up for tomorrow...

My number one offsider bringing in one of the logs...

She hadn't been in the machine for a while and did a great job tailing plus helping out whatever needed to be done to keep us running for the day - plus made for good conversation at lunch and smoko  ;)
Always willing to help - Allan

thecfarm

A good day by the looks, The only logs I have ever see at our dump is weeping willow.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nomad

That sounds like a win/win situation to me.  It'd never happen around here; they'd be so concerned about liabilities you'd never be able to get in.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Chuck White

Looks like you had a productive day there, sigidi.

Well done!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sigidi

The logs have been fairly average, not good sawlog, but then again you have to expect that, otherwise people wouldn't dump them. Still some useful timber in them though. It did take a whole heap of paperwork to get in there, but that is all sorted now and may be an ongoing thing. Production always seems to pick up when 'the boss' is around  ;D  ;)
Always willing to help - Allan

Thank You Sponsors!