iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm going to the NYS Woodsman's Field Days today

Started by maple flats, August 16, 2013, 06:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

My grandson, who is 18 and has worked with me for 11 yrs, and I are going to the NYS Woodsman's Field Days today. I go most years. They always have loads of new equipment on display and much is demonstrated. If anyone sees me, I'll have on a green pocket polo, green suspenders and a green hat that says "Dave & Joan's Sugarhouse" on it, please stop me and we can chew the rag a while.
For about 12 yrs we had a booth at the show, starting in the late 80's thru '99 selling OWB's, Fransgard winches, Patu chippers, Patu log grapple loaders and a few other items. I also had My Peterson sawmill there and demoed it 2 yrs a few yrs ago. Since then I enjoy just looking at and drooling over the new equipment and I rarely get out with all the funds I went in with. Today we are only looking for 2 small specific items but I'll bet I leave with more. 
If anyone can get there, Today thru Sunday 8/18 you'll like it. I have been to 2 Sawlex and this show is a little bigger and far better attended, especially Sat and Sun. Along with the equipment booths and numerous food booths, all 3 days have lumberjack competitions, drawing competitors from the US, Canada and several other countries. This is a high profile competition, especially the Sunday finals.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

maple flats

Great time yesterday, as always. I only saw a few FF members. I stopped and talked with Nathon Waterfield, demoing a Peterson Jr, 6" swingblade in the WPF (winch Production Frame) style. Nathan is a timbersports competitor and a Peterson Dealer, great guy. We didn't get to talk much because he had several onlookers who were showing plenty of interest. Then I stopped and talked to Kevin and Tammy at the Logrite booth. Great brownies as usual, and I bought another log chain from them. They have an item I hadn't seen before, may get one sometime. They now make a bar that mounts to a Fisher plow bracket to mount a winch or a trailer bar to the front of the truck. It sure looked like a great idea. Kevin keeps coming up with new ideas, his brain must work overtime. All seem to be well designed and constructed by the time he introduces them. None of the junk often seen by lesser companies. Great ideas Kevin (Tammy too!, and great brownies)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!