iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Seeing your lumber used.

Started by Magicman, August 13, 2013, 04:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

It's always nice to be able to see what a customer builds with lumber that you sawed for him.  In this instance, my customer is building a 42' X 74' barn.  I am now sawing 1X12 SYP for board and batten siding for the upper level and some of the lower level.

42' X 74'

The nice upstairs.  The stairway is on the left.

The 8 foot 1X12's for board & batten siding for the upstairs room.  The lower will be lapped 16' 1X12's.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Axe Handle Hound

Pretty impressive building and impressive to see how much lumber you've cut for just one person.  That's a lot of board footage!

hackberry jake

What did he use for uprights? Looks like a lot of work.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

york

very nice,but he better get some bracing in there,soon.....
Albert

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Very nice Lynn. I like the big door in the first pic.....but that step is gonna be a doozy!  wheeliechair
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WmFritz

No shortage of tractors around there. :o
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

drobertson

ten four on that! seen a many around here, lots of satisfaction for sure,  I really like to see our lumber go up without complaints,  Wish I had a treating facility for posts, EPA is really getting rigid in this regard,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

beenthere

QuoteEPA is really getting rigid in this regard

EPA continually keeps turning the screws tighter and tighter every year. It is just the nature of a Gov't over-ruling agency, to justify their existence. Every tentacle of the EPA must show that they are a viable entity and in-control, or someone above will ask "for what are you needed? ". 
It's a no-win situation for all.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawdusty1

What a nice barn.  What is he going to use the long upstairs room for?
Woodmizer LT15
Husqvarna 550xp
Husqvarna 372xp
Husqvarna 350
Husqvarna 55 Rancher
Husqvarna 181se
Kubota L4701

Magicman

This is a "many times" repeat customer that I have sawed tens of thousands of bf of lumber for.   I'll have much more sawing to do for him as he brings up more logs.   He always knows exactly how much and what dimensions that he wants from each log.  (If I had turned around I could have taken a picture of the "cabin" that he built.)   ;D

The uprights are treated 8X8's and some utility poles sunk deeply into the ground.

Those top "doors" are only 6' tall and I have no idea what they or that massive top will be used for.  It will not be hay because they are tree farmers.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

You must have a whack of big logs to cut that many 2x12's. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Yup, and the 1X12's to side it is a whack also.  He only has about 20 more logs for this job.  We would have finished tomorrow, but yesterday's and today's rains slowed us down.

hackberry jake

Quote from: WDH on August 13, 2013, 09:27:42 PM
You must have a whack of big logs to cut that many 2x12's.
He did say the guy is a tree farmer. Must be harvest season.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Magicman

Every tree has been lightning struck, beetle killed, or a blow down. 

grweldon

That is a gorgeous barn!  My original design idea for my barn was similar, but I've since scrapped it in favor of a much simpler conventional design.  If I could, I would have exactly the same type barn.
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Jemclimber

That's a lot of lumber.  You must get a smile when the phone rings and you see his number as a repeat customer.  Very nice to see what you cut being used!!!
lt15

Busy Beaver Lumber

That is awesome Lynn. I most likely will not cut that much wood on my mill in 5 years since most of what I cut is used on our own projects. By the way... glad you liked the rifle pen

Fred
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

ely

NICE, it reminds me of my house only way bigger.

Magicman

The barn loft is 14'X74'.  One end will be a bedroom and the other will be a kinda museum.  The center will be general storage.

I finished sawing his logs today.  We tallied 4773 bf of mostly 1X12 for barn siding and paneling.

I took a picture of the back of the customer's cabin from the sawing site.

The cabin's siding is Cypress and the interior is a mixture of SYP, Cedar, Cherry, etc.  The entrance to the 4 bedrooms is directly from the living room/dining/kitchen with no hallway.  The bedrooms then all exit onto the back porch.  A very unique and workable design.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

LeeB

Are you suggesting he's a fossil?  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

WDH

Just what are you insinuating?   :D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magic, what was the interior Cherry used for?

Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

GDinMaine

It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Thank You Sponsors!