iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

circular bits and shank suppliers PA/NY??

Started by mikes47jeep, August 13, 2013, 04:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikes47jeep

hi all

i am looking for sawmill supply companies in the twin tiers area, north east PA and the up state NY area

somewhere i can get bits and shanks without having to mail order them, i like to make my money locally and spend it locally

the only place i know of right now is R G Sawmill Equipment Inc in Elmira, NY but it is just shy of a 100 mile trip one way

im looking for something more in the Scranton, Montrose, Binghamton areas

but ANY leads are good leads, so any supply and/or saw doctors you know of in NY and PA would be helpful

regards

Mike
Ireland No.2 Left Hand Sawmill 48" blade

Jeff

Well, at the risk of sounding a bit admin like, in fact a lot admin like, we like to recommend our sponsors who help make this forum possible. While its all nice and good to try to support a local business, you are using the Forestry Forum to ask the question and it seems that coming out and ruling out a forum sponsor in your query such as Menominee saw at the git go, just does not seem logical to me when you are using this resource to your benefit.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

york

It`s on the left,Menominee saw,simple as that.....
Albert

mikes47jeep

hello,

thank you but menominee is located in Michigan, that wont help me when looking for a saw doctor. or when i need to talk about or compare a part in person.

I also use an old Ireland mill, dose this mean i can not ask questions about it since it is not a woodmizer, cooks, norwood, logsol, hud-son, peterson, lucas, timberking,

since the Ireland Machine and foundry company dose not sponsor this site?

i dont want to rile anyone up by asking about non sponsored products

best regards

Mike

nk14zp

Any local mills you go to and ask who they use?
Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

mikes47jeep

no luck with that so far dale, all the local mills i've been to so far,  get their stuff from BH Payne

Jeff

Menominee saw services  saw blades all across the country.  Don't be a smart ass with me bud. I never said you couldn't ask the question, I was saying its not fair to rule out the sponsor.  Your reasoning to not use someone unless they are close, for the reasons you give, make zero sense. Menominee has helped members all across this forum.

mikes47jeep

i do apologize for being a smart ass.

however i like to deal in person, and like to support the locals.

also I am a very small operation, i cant afford to ship a blade to Michigan to be hamered, and shipped back

Also I have had very bad luck when it comes to mail order parts when it involves antique machinery, lost items, wrong parts, incorrect quantity, if there are 20 common models and 1 odd ball my luck is i have the odd ball.

it has been much easier in my experience to take the part with me to the business, have the professional take a look and say "Ah thats the heavy duty model not the standard".   Instead of ordering a $200 part, having it shipped, finding out its wrong because its an old number, ship it back, pay a restocking fee, and wait for a replacement that may not be right.

fairly standard practice when dealing with antique machinery, that no one has cross reference books for.

all i asked was did anyone know of any suppliers located in my area.

regards

Mike

york

OK Mike,here is the link to the guy that i used and he knows his stuff.....

http://www.senecasaw.com/
Albert

millstead

you could try stahls in mt pleasant mills pa. I also think they are a forestry forum member so jeff shouldn't get to upset.

Jeff

I'm not upset to begin with. I was just making a point that dismissing sponsors in a first post without any kind of consideration or contact on what they can do for you because you want to be fair to a local business makes zero sense when you are using the forum to get the information in the first place. It would seem that in fairness to the forum, they should at least have a shot to see what they can do for you. A person has every right to go where ever they feel most comfortable and get the best service and product. I have no reason to be upset.

Some people don't realize that it is my job to promote the sponsors so they can provide for the forum and for it's members. I'm just doing my job.

Thank You Sponsors!