iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

American Loggers TV Show Question (anyone from Maine or who knows)

Started by Rednecklogger, August 13, 2013, 12:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rednecklogger

Good day, I have a question about the past show American Loggers and one of the people on it. I am wondering if the crane operator Andrew Morin is still with the Pelletiers and if he is even still alive...? I read a post of something when the show first ended and a member mentioned he was related to Andrew,  would appreciate knowing. Thank you!
La vie de bois

thecfarm

Rednecklogger,welcome to the forum. I don't know. But I do want to welcome you to the forum. Log full time? What have you got for equipment.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

I understand from some reading, that as of May 2013 that Andrew Morin is still alive.

What about you? Where are you located and are you putting together a show?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Rednecklogger

Thanks (beenthere) and (thecfarm)! Im from New Brunswick Canada (Just a few hours away from Maine). For equipment I have a Stihl MS280 and a MS170 for chainsaws. I have a Case 350 dozer, and a Kubota L48. I use these for a small logging operation in the backwoods of my property. I am also building a small log cabin back there in a area I cleared. I currently run a excavating road construction business but am looking into also expanding into logging. Once again thank you for the warm welcomes!
La vie de bois

snowstorm

i saw him walking around the woods equipment show in bangor last spring

JohnM

Quote from: thecfarm on August 13, 2013, 12:54:45 PM
Rednecklogger,welcome to the forum. I don't know. But I do want to welcome you to the forum. Log full time? What have you got for equipment.
Quote from: snowstorm on August 13, 2013, 05:40:06 PM
i saw him walking around the woods equipment show in bangor last spring
Ray (thecfarm), that's funny :D, you and I saw him at the expo as well.  Though I wouldn't have remembered his name if Redneck hadn't said it. :-[  He's the only one of the crew I saw/recognized from the show.  They did have one of their trucks or forwarders or something :-\ with their logo on it there.

Welcome to the forum, Rednecklogger.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Rednecklogger

Thanks for the reply (snowstorm). By saying last spring do you mean 2013 or 2012 lol. Also wondering if its true that Davey Mclaughlin the skidder operator they had to fire in season one is still with us. heard a rumour about that one too.
La vie de bois

Rednecklogger

Hey (JohnM), thank you for the welcome! So you say you saw him as well, is that 2012 or 13?
La vie de bois

beenthere

QuoteDavid McLaughlin, a Maine woodsman and skidder operator who relished his supporting role on the Discovery reality series 'American Loggers,' died April 23, 2010 his employer told the Bangor Daily News. He was 45 and suffered from a severe diabetic condition.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Rednecklogger

So it is true, Thats sad to hear. R.I.P Davey. Thanks for the info beenthere! The only person I know for a fact that has passed away Is Stevie White AKA 10 10. I have Scott Dionne on facebook, along with a few of the Pelleteirs but I hate to ask them about Andrew because Matt Pelletier I believe is Danny`s son passed away about a week ago. So its a busy time for their family and I would hate to bother them.
La vie de bois

JohnM

That was this past May, RNL.  I didn't know about Stevie, that stinks, I liked him.  Trying to remember, Stevie was the forwarder for Scott, correct?  Didn't know about Matt either. :(
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Rednecklogger

Thats right JohnM, he did run the processor. It was only the other day I found out about Matt, its a real sad event. Not sure what happened just know its all over the facebook group for the restaurant and on their facebook walls people are posting.This is the obitcuary I found on him the other day after noticing Scott Dionne`s photo of him with the R.I.P on it    http://obituaries.bangordailynews.com/obituaries/bdnmaine/obituary.aspx?n=steven-w-white&pid=156753906 
La vie de bois

snowstorm

was stevie the guy that ran the rottne fowarder? i was told the fowarder operator died in the woods while running it?

Rednecklogger

Here is the forwarder, forget the brand but here is a picture. I am also including two pictures Scott Dionne posted awhile back of a decal and Stevie himself. 
La vie de bois

Rednecklogger

La vie de bois

beenthere

Not hard to do the photo's, as long as they are in .jpg format on your computer (and are not copyright protected).
Then set up your own gallery in your profile, and follow the primer by going to "Home" and down to the "Behind The Forum" forum. The first thread there will walk you through posting photos in your gallery and then in your post.
8)  Look forward to seeing them. Your avatar pic is intriguing.
south central Wisconsin

thecfarm

John,good to hear from you. I thought you might be buried in sawdust from that Lucas.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Rednecklogger

La vie de bois

Thank You Sponsors!