iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what has to happan to get your job shut down

Started by timberjack97, August 12, 2013, 05:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kemper

I love it!

Quote from: timberjack97 on August 21, 2013, 09:15:05 PM
hello guys just a quick  update   they   got  the letter from  my  attorney today  and now they want to work this out  imagine  that

Cedar Savage

Tell them you'd like to start things out by discussing your weeks lost profit...
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

giant splinter

Interesting how that turned around, in any case ......follow your attorneys advice and let him do the talking.
roll with it

Migal

:)
Quote from: giant splinter on August 22, 2013, 01:09:08 AM
Interesting how that turned around, in any case ......follow your attorneys advice and let him do the talking.
Now that you had to involve him his fee's should also be considered on working this out, Do let him be the voice for the entire job till finished so you will be protected. JMHO
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

timberjack97

hey  guys  I have another  up date  now  they  want  to amend my contract  and  put in there  no matter  what every 2 weeks  I guarantee   them  1000  for pulp wood  no matter if I get that much out or not  our  contract  states  I pay  4.00  a ton based on my weigh slips every 2 weeks you cant just decide to change the contract when you want to am  I   right?

Kemper

Can you get more than that out and if so do you have to pay the extra? Both parties need to agree to change the contract or one party can ask for mediation if they feel the current contract is unjust.

Quote from: timberjack97 on August 24, 2013, 03:46:49 PM
hey  guys  I have another  up date  now  they  want  to amend my contract  and  put in there  no matter  what every 2 weeks  I guarantee   them  1000  for pulp wood  no matter if I get that much out or not  our  contract  states  I pay  4.00  a ton based on my weigh slips every 2 weeks you cant just decide to change the contract when you want to am  I   right?

isawlogs

So they want you to pay them 1000$ every two weeks for pulp wether that gedts hauled,cut or not....  Are the some kind of stupid ???
No you can not just open a contract and change what you don't like without both parties agrying to that, well here in this country you sure can't... One can try to do it and if you agry to reopen it then all is fair game.
I think that at 4$/ton they have a fair price for the pulp, whats pullin there britches so tight that they now want more $$$$   ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

Quoteyou cant just decide to change the contract when you want to am  I   right?

You may be right, but we don't have enough info or the knowledge that your lawyer has, or that you have, to say if you are "right" or not.  Tell us what your lawyers answer is to that question. We are interested, but are not going to lead you astray (anymore than already has happened). ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jd540b

Judging by past posts, could there be some miscommunication somewhere along the line???

timberjack97

MY  lawyer  said  there is no way they are changing  the contract we have a contract   that we are  using  and he said if they keep trying to change things  than we are filing  a law suit  against them

Kemper

Sounds like your lawyer is worth every penny.

Quote from: timberjack97 on August 24, 2013, 11:14:13 PM
MY  lawyer  said  there is no way they are changing  the contract we have a contract   that we are  using  and he said if they keep trying to change things  than we are filing  a law suit  against them

SwampDonkey

That $1000 every other week seems odd, like they have never cut wood before. Doesn't seem like much pulp cutting either, so they aren't going to get rich off pulp. Is this some guaranteed wage or income they are after every two weeks or something? I personally like an inventory approach and estimate the volumes per acre per stand and sell stumpage on a per acre basis and no need to track wood. On a marked stand just supervise the job, work for your money as it were. Hire the right fellows to do the job. We have an advantage here in NB in that we know the markets by location, specs and prices because our marketing boards do all that leg work. And we have chain of custody regulations. Dad always did it that way on the farm here and everyone was happy. Dad also cut a lot of wood himself you know, and with the acreage he had he never even got to some corners of the woods that were over 200 yards from a field. Dad never got over any lines, but he for some reason was not very good orienteering in the woods. I never could figure that out. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Holmes

Are you doing whole tree chipping along with pulp wood?
Think like a farmer.

timberjack97

no  we  are not  we are taking the pulp wood down to   4 inches  in diameter

timberjack97

hey  guys  I  got   great  news  I went  back to  work  today   the  forester and land owner   accepted our demands  and went back  to   work   with  the same contract we always  had  the lawyer  did a great job  in this for me  I  knew I was In  the  right the whole time. now I have proved that to them   thank you guys for all the advice . and  remember  if you think you are in the right fight  for what  you believe  in it pays off  to

Vance in AK

thecfarm

I have followed this mess since you posted. Glad it's over and the misunderstanding is cleared up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kemper

Great news!

Quote from: timberjack97 on August 27, 2013, 04:44:08 PM
hey  guys  I  got   great  news  I went  back to  work  today   the  forester and land owner   accepted our demands  and went back  to   work   with  the same contract we always  had  the lawyer  did a great job  in this for me  I  knew I was In  the  right the whole time. now I have proved that to them   thank you guys for all the advice . and  remember  if you think you are in the right fight  for what  you believe  in it pays off  to

Migal

I really hate the Idea of having to get a lawyer involved in anything but when push come's to shove It's best to be represented by a professional and once that happens let the Professional handle any confusions 100% Glad to hear your up and running again! I have a feeling this tread is not dead yet but has had some quenching of the Grantor's $$ greedy eye's LOL
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Woodhauler

Quote from: timberjack97 on August 12, 2013, 05:00:47 PM
I  m  having  a  problem  on  my  logging  job   the  forester   told  me  I m  not aloud  to  work there  anymore   over  5 loads  of pulp  that he said  I  didn't pay  for . he said my contract is canceled  because of that  is  that legal for  him  to  do  that ?
Seems to be  reacurring thing here.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

jd540b

CTL logger

Quote from: Woodhauler on June 23, 2014, 11:21:32 PM
Quote from: timberjack97 on August 12, 2013, 05:00:47 PM
I  m  having  a  problem  on  my  logging  job   the  forester   told  me  I m  not aloud  to  work there  anymore   over  5 loads  of pulp  that he said  I  didn't pay  for . he said my contract is canceled  because of that  is  that legal for  him  to  do  that ?
Seems to be  reacurring thing here.
I feel like I got sucked into this again danG it! Didn't remember this from last year thanks woodhauler. I'm out!

Thank You Sponsors!