iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How many Logrite Tools do you have??

Started by Magicman, August 10, 2013, 09:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Everybody "fess" up.  How many Logrite Tools do you have?

I have 4.  Two 48" and one 60" cant hooks, and the latest addition is the 30" Hookaroon.

The subject came up in another thread and it was on my mind today as I was using my very latest Logrite tool.  I wanted it to reach stubborn flitches that are sometimes on the loading arms and out of reach for the two plane log clamp.

And it worked perfectly for that job.

Waiting for the next time.  It is painted a special Green in keeping with the theme of the 10th Anniversary Pig Roast.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Actually, the forest green in not the pig roast theme, but more of the Forestry Forum theme. I have a green 48" cant hook here in the office that I don't use that is signed by a whole bunch of members. If I count that, I have 3 cant hooks, 2 hookaroons, i mark 7 arch, 1 international log scale and also a pruning saw, one bottle opener, and once small scale cant hook. I purchased all of my tools other than the bottle opener, "toy hook" and the signed canthook which was a gift from the members. :)   All of my other tools are blue other than one orange canthook that is actually Tammy's :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

trapper

2 cant hooks one with the log lift on it and one hookaroon.
I like MM's hookaroon better than mine because of the smaller diameter handle
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

thecfarm

No tools,yet. But I have the Blue Creeper.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bozzaa69

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have 1 but I have 2 hands. So I'll probably get another 1.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Compensation

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 10, 2013, 10:21:06 PM
I have 1 but I have 2 hands. So I'll probably get another 1.  ;D

That's the same reason I bought 2 stihl bg55's. Then later bought a third one, don't really know why. Now I have one and my dad and friend each has one. Wait a minute, I bought 4 leaf blowers. Wow, I am weird.

Anyhow, I have a blue cant hook. What are those cant hooks called that has a rest on it so you can lift the log off the ground to cut firewood? Got one of them too.
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

sandhills

So far two 60" cant hooks, unfortunately never used them with the mill yet but are mighty handy cleaning up trees cut down around the yard to help with loader work on the big logs.

Brucer

I have 2 cant hooks -- 30" and 60", plus a 60" peavey with a slightly bent handle.

The 30" cant hook is the workhorse. It's a two-tone -- part blue and part silver (aluminum). Most of the time I use it to roll logs along the log deck. It's also great for coaxing a timber that doesn't quite want to turn all the way on the deck.

The 60" cant hook doesn't get as much use but it is an absolute life back saver in the log yard. No need to fire up the loader just to shift a log off the pile.

The peavey is semi-retired but I have plans for making a useful mill too out of it. If that works out I'll give the design to Logrite to see if they can market it.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

terrifictimbersllc

48 and 60" peavies
78" cant hook
timber carrier
24 and 30" Pickaroons
1/4" scale stick
Fetching arch with 2 man handle and tow tongue
That makes 8.
Plus Porta-winch, Blue creeper, and a replacement hook for megahook which I use to roll logs.

Everything gets used regularly and it's a pleasure to pick up any of these tools. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Chuck White

One 48" cant hook, but one day I will add either a hookaroon or a pickaroon!

Which ever one I get, will primarily be used to pull boards back off the loading arms for edging!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

dgdrls

SPD748

Besides these three, I have one 48" Peavey. All four work great!

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

bozzaa69

Corley5

30" canthook and pickaroon, 48" canthook and pickaroon, Scribner Decimal C log scale
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Skoalbandit78

I have only one, which is the 30"and I really like it.

tyb525

One 48" cant hook and I love it. Definitely no buyers regret there.

Also one bottle opener ;)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Bill Gaiche

Brian C.

Nomad

1 60" Peavey (Blue)
     1 48" Extreme duty Peavey (Blue)
     1 48" Cant Hook (Orange)
     2 "Mill Special" cant hooks (I each color)
     1 Fetching Arch, with 2 man handle and Forwarding arch attachments.
     1 International Log Scale
     1 Hookaroon

Do ya figure I like LogRite tools?

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

hamish

All Orange, 30" mill, 48"cant, 48" peavey.

For those up in Canada 48" peaveys can be had at your local
Stihl dealership for about $115 CDN.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

jmouton

we have  2 orange  48' cant hooks  ,  one for me and one for my buddy  coach

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Thank You Sponsors!