iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

projects

Started by steve phillips, August 10, 2013, 07:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve phillips

howdy all
sometime ago i seen on a post were someone made a porch bench . the bench was self supporting i think . ive been searching and havent come up with anything . any help will be great   
if its not broke dont fix it !!!!

sandhills

I'd checkout Poston's photo gallery if I was you  :) sorry I can't help you wit an exact post.

dboyt

Probably not what you're looking for, but a pretty good project if you have some thick slabs and are handy with a chain saw.

Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

sandhills

That's clever and simple, kinda like me (well the simple part anyway  ;D). Do you brace the legs underneath the seat?  Now I've got to try it, I would like to put a "patio" with a fire pit in behind our house and a couple of those in erc would be perfect, cut the stump right, or find the right crotches and it wouldn't be hard to have backs on them either.

mesquite buckeye

Good bench for an OAM such as myself to sit down a spell at the mill and quick to make. ;D 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

drobertson

I like it Dave, very portable, no hardware, and apparently very stable,  nice,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

dboyt

It works well without any additional support, though a trestle with a through mortise held in place with a peg wedge would be a nice touch.  The first couple I made were a little loose, so I tapped a wooden wedge into the dovetail to tighten it up.  You have to be careful about that, though, or you can split the end out of the bench.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Thank You Sponsors!