iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Addiction

Started by limbrat, August 10, 2013, 01:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

limbrat

He liked to fish before.

Now he is hooked. 

He may have a hard time keeping himself in fish he has trouble lifting, but its something to reach for.
ben

justinmay1982

That's some nice fish right there.

terry f

Might sound stupid, but what is that thing and did it come from that pond behind him.

WDH

It is a red drum also called a redfish. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

Say when

thecfarm

WOW!!! That fish is so big you need a set of deer scales to weight it!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

limbrat

Its a red fish when they get bigger like that they are called bull reds. Its a salt water and brackish water fish. Bull reds spend most of there time offshore this time of year you can catch them in the surf or in the passes on bass gear like he did. There are red fish in the marsh year round. We were in southwest louisiana at a friends camp who is a quack addict. If i keep the grass cut and make repairs i can sleep over untill duck season starts then he is there full time and its all duck and goose.
ben

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have one on my truck. I caught it down at the DMV.  ;D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Great looking redfish that your boy caught! 8) 8) 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

limbrat

Here he is with speckled trout he caught on some store bought bait shrimp.

a few minutes later bull reds started chasing mullet in knee deep water and scared the little man up on the beach. After that i caught some live mullet and set him up with a heaver rod. It was great to watch, he tried to force the fish and when he broke a hook off in the first one he almost cried. The next one broke his line. Then he slowed down, it took about twenty minutes to wear him down but the fish caught him on a six and a half foot bass rod with 14lb. test. All i did was stand beside him, coach him and put my hand in the fishes gills and drag him onto the beach.
Dont usaly keep them bull reds but we hauled that one around untill it went bad taking pictures and showing people.
ben

Left Coast Chris

Im hearing the Jaws theme song..... that is a monster!
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

limbrat

Thanks clww he is a grandson, and he has it so bad that he is out in the pond trying to get the hang of throwing a cast net for bait.
He let me know that when i go back he will cut the grass and weedeat if i take him.
ben

clww

Sounds like a great trade. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

pineywoods

Encourage him. Kids who hunt and fish don't steal and deal..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

LeeB

Nice fish. That's the other thing I miss about working in the G.O.M., coon ass food being the first.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

justallan1

Great fish! I'm sure that was a great day for the both of you.
Pineywoods, I agree 100%.

drobertson

Quote from: pineywoods on August 11, 2013, 02:24:40 PM
Encourage him. Kids who hunt and fish don't steal and deal..
Well said, not only that, if they catch fish like the one shown, they won't go hungry either 8)   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Congrats on the fishing as well as the fish.  I have a Grandson that would rather fish than eat.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!