iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heading off tomorrow to pick up my new norwood.

Started by mrector, August 09, 2013, 10:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrector

I decided to make an offer on a norwood a member here has. He accepted
and I am making the 1008 mile round trip to pick it up.  Looking forward to a nice road trip.

Anyways I have allbut abandoned my homemade bandmill project. I guess I was "trying to re-invent the wheel."  I was on a severe budget and still am. But was able to move some "assets" around to afford a better built machine. It is a late model LM 2000 norwood and I am stoked about using a quality machine!

Wish me luck on my travels.
Mikey

I will post pics and more once I have her in my possession. .
Woodmizer LT35HD25 brand new!
Stihl 044 and my favorite: ms260 pro
Homemade logging arch
Homemade hitch log picker-upper
DanG Deadheader log loading trailer.

Nomad

Have a safe trip.  You won't be sorry with an LM2000; that is one really fine saw.  Does it have the 23 horse motor on it?
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

m wood

welcome to the FF mrector.  Great people and great info around here, but I guess you already found that out if you found your mill with a member.  I also considered building my own, budget and other build issues made it clear buying used was a no-brainer.  I love my second hand Norwood MK4.
Do drive safe, keep us informed.  What will the future lumber be for??  And remember, pictures make it real!
Mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

schakey

smiley_clapping smiley_blue_bounce smiley_flipping smiley_hollywood_cool
Good for you have a fun and safe trip. move_it
Don't forget your camera arteest-smiley we like pictures.
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Chuck White

Congratulations on the Norwood, Mikey and have a safe trip.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Good luck with the trip and good luck with the mill.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

nk14zp

Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

Happycamper

mrector,
  It looks like you have made a good choice in a used mill from all I have read on the forum about that model Norwood. They seem to be hard to come by used because if ease of use and durability. Good luck with it and enjoy the sawdust.
                                    Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

scully

I know the excitement all to well ! Thats very close to the distance I drove to get my mill ! Realy great fun !
I bleed orange  .

dboyt

Congratulations on the purchase! There are lot of old Norwood mills out there.  The hard part is getting someone to turn loose if one.  If you didn't get a manual with it, get one from Norwood, since you'll probably want to go through it and set all the adjustments.  They are great about supporting the older models.  Looking forward to photos.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

slider

al glenn

mrector

I'm back at work today after an eventful weekend.
Trip up was good. Mill purchase went good and I now own a nice LM2000.

Trip back was not so good..

m.wdbj7.com/accident-causing-delays-on-interstate-81-in-rockbridge-county/-/20129166/21422734/-/inskroz/-/index.html

The rig on its side was about 10 cars in front of us
And he ditched it to save lives!
Anyways we were shaken a lil and made a nice 4+ hour delay for us.

I will get pitctures and start a new post with link from here.
Mikey
Woodmizer LT35HD25 brand new!
Stihl 044 and my favorite: ms260 pro
Homemade logging arch
Homemade hitch log picker-upper
DanG Deadheader log loading trailer.

thecfarm

Glad you got the mill home.
I saw something like that in front of us once. Seem like a 4 lane highway. Down to one lane. I slowed down,watching my rearview mirror too. Did not want someone to plow into me. I was able to get by it,but 4 lanes down to one!! I know that would of been a long delay too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dboyt

Hope everyone involved is all right.  A shaky start, but you'll be soon making sawdust.  Looking forward to your new thread!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Thank You Sponsors!