iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New load of timber

Started by Happycamper, August 08, 2013, 09:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happycamper

Received a third load of 36 cu. meters of fir today so when the weather cools we're back at it again.
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

Magicman

Congrats.  I'll be waiting for the weather to cool also.  These high 90's are brutal.   smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sun
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

hamish

36 cubic meters.....................is what14-15K board feet...................... times
three loads...........

What mill do you have again?
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Happycamper

hamish,
  Not 3 loads today it is the third load so far. The other two loads are sawn up. I just have the small mizer that I have modified quite a bit for easy use.
                                        Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

Brucer

In BC, logs are sold by the cubic metre scale. It measures the entire volume of sound wood in the log -- slabs, sawdust, and everything. It's up to us buyers to know what kind of recovery we can get from a given diameter.

I typically get 200 BF of timbers and 100 BF of 1" & 2" lumber from a cubic metre.

Processing three loads in a season with an LT10 is impressive.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

rmack

Quote from: Happycamper on August 08, 2013, 09:07:01 PM
Received a third load of 36 cu. meters of fir today so when the weather cools we're back at it again.

is your camera broken?  ;D
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

hamish

Quote from: Brucer on August 09, 2013, 01:20:36 AM
In BC, logs are sold by the cubic metre scale. It measures the entire volume of sound wood in the log -- slabs, sawdust, and everything. It's up to us buyers to know what kind of recovery we can get from a given diameter.

I typically get 200 BF of timbers and 100 BF of 1" & 2" lumber from a cubic metre.

Processing three loads in a season with an LT10 is impressive.

Ok that makes a big difference, the math equation for a BC cubic meter vs BF if much different, so with mill over run cutting 1" and 2" would be 3600-4000BF.

Easily achieved production with a manual mill.  Set up well and with a good offbearer and good logs 1000bf+ per 8hr day (stopping for lunch of course).
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

WoodenHead

Using 200BF +100BF per cubic meter from Brucer, I come up with about 10,000-11,000 bdft per 36 cubic meter truck load.  That seems about right depending on the truck.  My usual loads are 7600 to 10,000 bdft.

As Brucer said, processing 3 loads in a season with an LT10 is impressive.

Thank You Sponsors!