iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Atlantic salmon at the camp Monday morning

Started by sbishop, August 06, 2013, 10:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbishop

just got from 2 weeks vacation...the spent the last 3 days at the camp. I hooked this lad around 7am, took about 20minutes before i got my wife and kids attention..they were still sleeping. Wife ran the video camera from the deck of the camp for about 50minutes...What a fight! I hope you enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiT9bgxozrw

Sbishop
PS limit is 25", so this one had to be let go!

doctorb

I loved watching that video. Especially with your young son and the netting.  Nice release!  Well done.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

pappy19

I always love seeing a good fishing video; and I really liked this one form a few years ago.  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIL8tcv4pjs
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

sandhills

Now that was even fun to watch, great catch!

petefrom bearswamp

Nice video great fish.
25" minimum or max?
I also would like to hire the guy in the other vid to help me with bears when fishing.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Mooseherder

A little slice of heaven right there Steve. :)

WDH

What a beautiful fish.  I always love your fish pics.  The video was especially nice.  Now that is living!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Axe Handle Hound

As you might guess from my avatar, I am a big fan of salmon.  They fight like crazy and from the looks of that video, your catch was no exception.  I love that you can fish that close to the cabin. 

sbishop

Guys, the next one i hook...i'm going up to the camp and fight it from the deck...i've always wanted to try that... :D

Heading back up this weekend, i'm hoping for a day of rain!

25" is the maximum you can keep..anything bigger has to be put back! (if caught with an illegal salmon, its a mandatory 10 days in jail, $5000 fine and you lose your hunting and fishing privilieges for 5 years, if its in your car, you lose it too...doesn't make sense eh!)

pappy19

Do you use bait or a lure; which one, please give us the details. Thanks.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

sbishop

I was fly fishing, you can use hardware (lures/worms) till Sept 15 , thats when trout season closes..after that its fly fishing only...if you do catch a salmon using hardware you must put it back even if its under 25". The river my cabin is on has a long trout season which allows hardware to be used from May 1-Sept 15....all other rivers only have 2-3 weeks open for hardware and some can't use hardware..fly fishing only.

pappy19

What fly were you using? Spruce, muddler, wooly worm? I assume is was a wet fly of some sort.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

sbishop

i was using a green machine / white tail...its a dry fly

sbishop

Made a run to the camp mid afternoon yesterday with a friend of mine...It was raining hard when we left but not so bad when we got there. I rolled 2 salmon in front of the camp but couldn't get them hooked. Water was up about a foot and half. We decided to head up the river a few pools and i landed this guy. He still had sea lice on him so that puts him within 24-48hrs from the ocean. Again had to put him back..too big for limit  ;)

Short video of him jumping close to my camera man..HA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfWsLYf6CsQ

Jamie_C

Feel free to send some of your rain down here to NS ... our salmon season here on the mainland starts Sept. 1 and we need a lot of rain

I had a few guys come in to the fly shop today from NB and they said that the 'chi is up in the alders the water is so high

sbishop

Yes, i'm on the Bartibog river (AKA - "DA Bog") and its been up 4-5ft about 4 times this summer...never seen it that high so many times....good for the fish!

SwampDonkey

Those wild sea run Atlantics make my mouth water. Good stuff. My uncle used to say he cut his teeth on deer meat. But, I think I cut mine on salmon. :D

In the Plaster Rock Museum with the fiddle head out front, there is a mounted salmon in there my grandfather caught from his own salmon pool on the Tobique R. That was a long long time ago. Long before hydro dams on our rivers. The fly he caught it on is with the fish. It was actually a trout fly.  It was a 34 lb fish.

I can't watch your videos here, but I know how fun it was when fishing with my grandfather all over creation. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!