iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gnarly Old Red Cedar Pics

Started by woodweasel, August 06, 2013, 07:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodweasel

Heres the Big Cedar that I promised this morning ;D  Thats my off loader taking the pic! He bet me we could not do it !! He lost 8) 8)

thecfarm

Must of got a lot of short lumber for a while.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Nice work! and I imagine his tone will change from here on out, I've heard the same years ago, these mills will bring it out for sure, nice job man,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

mesquite buckeye

That log looks like some of my mesquite. Nice wood, though, even if it is from Texas. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

5quarter

good job! I am sad to report that I have sawn uglier... :'(
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

woodweasel

I wasnt after b.f. on this one! Was after unique and knotty patterns in the wood ;D I wasnt dissipointed 8) 8) Should make some really nice cedar chest 8)

Hopefully something like the last one ;D

mesquite buckeye

I cut an ERC in MO that was kind of like that, but much smaller with a similar stepdown at the branch point. I got a 16ft 4X4 out of it and a lot of short, side limber. ERC seems to sit still very well, even in ugly logs. If you tried that with mesquite or oak, you would get a pretzel. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

ironman123

Hello Wood Weasel.  I am in Central Texas also.  Waco, how about you?

Ray

Magicman

Hello ironman123, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodweasel

hello Iron Man I am in Franklin about 60 miles south of Waco

Thank You Sponsors!