iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Belsaw improvement!!!

Started by loggah, August 05, 2013, 07:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

the other day i finally cleaned up a 46" saw i got out of the junkyard about three years ago, and put it on the mill, taking off the 40" saw i had been running . I never took the 40" saw off because i only had the Case with about 30 P.T.O. horse power, since then i got a Massey Ferguson 30 industrial which has about 60 P.T.O. horse power.  I have to Run the tractor at around 1900 R.P.M. which runs the P.T.O. at around 620 R.P.M.  the saw runs perfect at that arbor speed what a difference, smoother running with 5 more teeth then the 40" saw ,lot more rim speed and can get thru the bigger logs without the "CHAINSAW" top saw. I would definitely recommend  the bigger saw if you have the horsepower to run it. ;D ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

bandmiller2

Good find Don,what type of bits and shanks does it take, Simonds I hope.I cut for years with a 44" 30 tooth saw and found little I couldn't cut.Most folks don't think about it but when you almost burry a saw in a log the teeth at the top have little or no hook,just kinda punch out the wood.Sure nice to clear the butt swell on logs and not have to use a saw or axe. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

loggah

Frank, It  is a Simonds with number 3 shanks,i got 2 more 48" saws and a 50" saw with number 3 shanks so i got plenty of shanks, i just bought a box of saw bits today from Burton saw for the number 3's 8-9 gauge 9/32 standalls, but im going to run the old teeth out. My portable belsaw has a 44"  on it ,but i like the 46 better. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

captain_crunch

I run a 46 in but it is just like a crawler tractor never big enough
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

loggah

I got a couple 155A komatsu's i'll sell you,44 tons each!! ;D Don

captain_crunch

How bout any D-7E s laying bout ??? ??? ???
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

snowshoveler

I have a D6 9U with a new undercarriage and almost complete fresh paint.
You can put a few hours on it when you mail your self here.
Lots of things for you to do in your off work hours as well Crunchy.
Regrads Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

loggah

The only D-7 i ever owned was a 1936 RD7 with a Letourneau cable blade , i sold it to a friend of mine about 10 years ago !! ;D Don

bandmiller2

Guess I can't run with you big dogs all I've ever owned is dinky crawlers,an OC-6,JD MC and my present JD 420.That heavy iron can be a heartbreaker when it needs work. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

snowshoveler

Awe gee...a D6 9u is only a bit bigger than a lawn tractor.
Easy to operate and easy to transport. Just need a dumptruck and good tandem trailer.
Regards Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

Thank You Sponsors!