iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bandsaw cut chart

Started by MSSawmill, August 05, 2013, 02:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSSawmill

Not long ago, there was a thread with a couple of charts one of you had worked up. Any idea where that thread is or what to search for? I can't find it...
Home-built bandsaw mill
2004 Kubota M110 with LA1301 loader

Delawhere Jack

Jim Rogers created one or both of these. They're very useful.

MSSawmill

Home-built bandsaw mill

drobertson

MS, just wondering, what saw are you using now?  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

MSSawmill

I've got the homemade bandsaw we bought a last year.
Home-built bandsaw mill

drobertson

Ms, I was thinking I remembered this, just wasn't sure, I have a few I use, depending on what I am shooting for.  It is at the mill and kinda wind and rain blown at the present, haven't used it in awhile, but to add making one up is not to bad, if you cant' find Jims, and still need one I will try to make up a short one for you, but would suggest taking the time to do it yourself, reason being, seeing the different numbers as you go along will stick in your head better, and give you insight to short cuts that will help you in your particular ways of doing things, just my thinking, will be glad to offer some ideas,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

MSSawmill

Thanks, David. I'm sure i'll end up building one of my own with my own tweaks and info and then laminating it for the mill. I just wanted to get some ideas from what others are doing. Jim's will be a good starting point, though. Any other ideas are always welcome!
Home-built bandsaw mill

Delawhere Jack

Just be sure that you keep reading off the same column for all the cuts, it's easy to look at the wrong one, trust me..... ::)

Notice that at least one of those charts leaves a 1" board on the last cut. That's intentional to avoid hitting the bunk stops.

Cutting Edge

MSSawmill,

Here is a thread on another set.  If you go down in the thread, Ga Mtn Man was kind enough to convert them to .pdf format.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,59271.msg863593.html#msg863593

"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

Kingcha

I made these up, seemed to help speed up figuring cant size

Matt
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

drobertson

Well done Matt, a bit more in depth than mine for sure,  very good info for sure,  david

JustinW_NZ

Anyone converted these to metric?

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

xlogger

I use 1/16 for the kerf, what do most of you use? Ricky
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

PineNut

This is a simple Excel program that I use. You enter the base size, kerf and increment. I print the conditions I expect to use and keep them at the mill. Same as other tables except you make what you want.

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: xlogger on August 07, 2013, 06:02:59 AM
I use 1/16 for the kerf, what do most of you use? Ricky

The general rule is 1/8", but the actual kerf is probably less. With a .042 band and .025 tooth set, the kerf "should" be about .092, or roughly 3/32".

Thank You Sponsors!