iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Business Cards

Started by macurtis, January 28, 2002, 05:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macurtis

::)  Please tell me what you have on your business cards
and how do you attract customers other than word of mouth.

Thanks,
Lizziedog

Bibbyman

Our first business cards were printed up using artwork that came from Wood-Mizer.   It had a print quality black and white picture of the Wood-Mizer mill on the right side.  We just told the printer our address,  phone number, etc.  We went one step further and had them printed on orange paper stock.

We felt that the association with the Wood-Mizer name was of real value as, at least in our area, Wood-Mizer is first and most identified with band sawmills - much like Coke = any kind of cola, and Kleenex = any kind of tissue.

On our second printing,  we changed to a smaller grayscale picture of the Wood-Mizer mill and included a general list of products and services we provide. We also added the Blockbuster firewood processor logo.  On the back,  we had printed a simple map to our location as it was generally the first thing a potential customer would ask.  It cost about half again as much for printing on both sides.  This card was printed on plan white stock but we had our company name printed in orange.

You can also get folding business cards that could include all kinds of info like a log scale, calendar, etc.

If you decide to use a product picture or company logo,  you may want to check with the company to get approval.  With Wood-Mizer, it was pretty well implied as they provided the artwork for that use.  We did have to talk with Blockbuster a little while to get approval.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Tom

This is the one I used till this year

now my wife has made one on the computer with a picture of me and the mill on it....same verbage.  I like the old one best.

CHARLIE

Hey Tom! How[size=12]big[/size] is that new card with your picture on it? :D :D  Will it still fit in a wallet? ;D ;D Was the picture taken before or after that fish, grits, hushpuppie and pear pie lunch? ???
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

Easy to make.

Hey, welcome Lizziedog . If you have a website, you can add it to your profile, and then partisipate on this forum a lot so folks will want to click on your website link. Don't have a website? Hey I built this one I can build you one!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Charlie,

when you're proud you strut  8)

actually it was in my back pocket and I think I squashed it at the dinner table. :D

Kevin

Tom

Whatcha got Kevin?...........eh?......that's Canadian, isn't it?

Kevin

I`d hate to put anything nasty on there.  :)

He`s gotta be steam`n now!

woodmills1

i have cards, but get many more just showin up sayin you got a wood cutter here?  why yes we say. :D i actually have more retail wood sales from the web than cards.  once you start cutting the word of mouth goes out.  though i do think a retail store for kiln dried would be real nice it wood. :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Don P

Do your homemade cards run? Or better yet, how do you make permanent cards at home? Mine sure perform better in winter :D.

ohsoloco

I just happened to run across this thread waaay in the back.  I'm finally getting to wander around this site a little more.  

So, I'd like to hear about some other's business cards.   Mine simply has my name, phone, email, and says I do custom sawing, salvage timber, and make furniture.   Word of mouth has still been my best advertisement, though.  I think I've given most of my cards to women when I'm a little tipsy hoping they'll want to go out on a date sometime  ::) ::) ::) :-[

:D :D :D

beenthere

:D  Then for sure I would suggest you change the wording on the cards.  ;D   ;D   Maybe add TSTSTSA
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!