iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

garage door springs

Started by wscott, July 28, 2013, 09:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wscott

someone posted how to lift sawhead on wm using garage door springs. unable to find post. need help. thanks in advance.
wscott
You should always marry a ugly girl, when she leaves you, you want feel so bad.

drobertson

I searched as well to try and help, pineywoods has added a spring in the mast to pull the head back up, there are some mods, but not to difficult if I remember right, surely he will get on, or someone else, a few have done it, and it seems to work real good, it is on here somewhere I know,  hang in there, for a day or so, it will turn out for sure,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

pineywoods

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

thecfarm

pineywoods,strikes again.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

The idea of a spring head assist lift is a good one but as stated the spring should be caged ether in a plastic pipe or with a cable in the middle.If you have space restraints you can use a shorter stronger spring with a pulley on the end,cable goes through the pulley and back to the top and fastened.That will give you two inches of travel per one inch spring movement.If you swap a hydraulic cylinder for the spring you have my head lift system.Some down weight is good for stability,don't use too much spring. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!