iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quartered monster white oak pics

Started by GAmillworker, July 26, 2013, 11:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAmillworker

Well I just couldn't leave work today until I cut this white Oak. 

Is it just me or does this log seem more square than round?

Thank the Lord for second chances

GAmillworker

Thank the Lord for second chances

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

customsawyer

Looks like you are getting it done.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

kelLOGg

I can't read the tape. What is the diameter? Nice mill. What is its capacity, diameter-wise?
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Magicman

Nice log.

It looks like your bandmill is doing the job for you.  I had to go back and review the pictures of your build.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Stephen1

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

sawmillhand

I really like the mill pretty well built and really like the log.
1990 woodmizer LT40 Hyd  2004 Ford F350 Flatbed. Plenty of tractors.

qbilder

My opinion is that quartering is the only proper way to saw white oaks  ;D And that oak is awesome!!!
God bless our troops

SPIKER

Nice looking log!, mill too!   Looks like you need to put a DC puller chain system in the mill so ya are not pushing your back out of wack!

I think probably easy mod small DC Motor, Controller and a Gearbox maybe 50' of chain few bearings and shafts would make the system easier on your back.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Thank You Sponsors!